Somewhere to stay near Reims (ish)

Home Forum Chat Forum Somewhere to stay near Reims (ish)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Somewhere to stay near Reims (ish)
  • Premier Icon peteimpreza
    Subscriber

We normally stay right in the centre of Reims. Underground car parking under the high street and several hotels to choose from.

The hotels do discounts on the parking fees.

Excellent selection of bars, cafes and restaurants to chose from without leaving the high street.

If you email me I will dig out the names of the hotels, restaurants and cafes we use.

Premier Icon kilo
    Subscriber

may not be far enough down for you but i’m stopping here later in the year on way to morzine, the private parking swung it for me;

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-0700-ibis-cambrai/index.shtml

canny1

Stayed at Tinqueux Campanile last Sunday. Just north of Reims, straight off peage, about 10 hotels to choose from, all budgets.
    Big supermarket to refuel car etc, 24 hr McD’s if you get desperate

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

I’ve stopped there at a Formule 1 just on the outskirts. Nice town center to wander around:

Notre-Dame de Reims by brf, on Flickr

Premier Icon sparkerfix
    Subscriber

Evenin all. Thinking of breaking up this years journey to Switzerland instead of doing it in one hit. Can anyone recommend anywhere sort of Reims/Troyes (ish)area which would be about halfway. All budgets considered. Bike safety would be good.Thanks

Mr_C

I stayed at a little motel type place in the village of Berry-au-bac just north of Reims a couple of years ago. This place.

It was clean and functional and just off the motorway, It has parking directly outside the rooms with a gate which is locked at night, but you could actually put the bikes in your room if you wanted to.

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Every time I’ve stayed in France as Formule 1 style place, I’ve just had the bikes on the back seat of the car – never had a problem with them. Likewise, they lived on the back seat when camping etc.

Premier Icon alfabus
    Subscriber

I’ve done the tinqueux f1 a couple of times. Pretty much what you’d expect for €27 for a room for 3. Bike safety wasn’t an issue for me as we were in the van.

Dave

JulianA

The Relais St Jean in Troyes was fantastic the couple of times we stayed there a few years ago. Underground parking right by the entrance to the hotel, too. Troyes is a lovely town with some excellent restaurants.

The Relais is a very modern hotel in what looks like a medieval building – works really, really well. Would go back like a shot if we were in the area.

b r

Well, you did say any budget:

http://www.etoges.com/

Took my wife for a wedding anniversary weekend here, top place.

Buzzard

on the other end of the scale. We normally camp here to break up the journey. Nice small, well run campsite with a lake across the road and a nice pizzeria on the lake front. Nice ride around the lake on the bikes too

http://www.campinglesrivesdulac.com/

hammerite

Any Formule 1, Etap, Campanile, BB, Premiere Classe, Balladins etc… on the way should do if all you want is a place to sleep.

We stayed in one in Chaumont a few years back, was still typical Formule 1, but not smack bang next to the motorway. Chaumont was a nice place for an hour or so wander round and an evening meal.

gee

If you want something a bit better than the usual motorway hotel, I’m writing this sat in the Hotel Magellan in Épernay. Great rooms, great breakfast and well located. Good value too. It’s been a nice couple of days going round the villages tasting… hic….

GB

Slight resurrection, also needed somewhere in Reims. Got this on a Saturday night for just over £50. Seems ok for city centre. (Travelling with baby so kitchen with microwave looks handy.)

peteimpreza, any chance you could recommend cafe/bar/restaurant please? Ta. 🙂

Sancho

I’ve camped there and loved it, the local villages all have a co-op for making the champagne where you can get Champagne sooooo cheap, I got a van full last time

Watching this with interest, we are aiming to spend some time in Reims on the way to Annecy, but as we are travelling from Central Scotland it might be a bit far to reach in one go..
    Looking for something off the beaten track with a keen eye on bike security…

blurty

I stayed at the Campanile motel at Troyes just up the road, the place seemed to be full of benefit migrants drinking & smoking on the balconies (it’s deck access rooms), calling to each other into the early hours.

A really horrible and threatening night’s stay.

Never again

gee

Whatever you do go to Waida chocolate/patisserie shop. It’s amazing…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere to stay near Reims (ish)’ is closed to new replies.