Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Somewhere to eat near the M1 around Sheffield
  • Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

Good morning! Can anyone recommend anywhere to eat within a few miles of the M1 around Sheffield? A pub with nice food is probably what I am looking for (as opposed to a restaurant) – just somewhere relaxed for a few old friends to meet and catch up.

Thank you

Premier Icon mini
    Free Member

How near Sheffield?

The Toby Carvery on J37 is good for a catch up.

The red lion at J32 is good as well.

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

How near Sheffield?

Approximate area only – everyone is driving from different places and it’s just a central meeting point.

Premier Icon scuttler
    Free Member

Strafford Arms is a few miles north of Sheffield but close to M1 J37

https://goo.gl/maps/vWLPtqAk7GkkytMAA

Premier Icon mini
    Free Member

The Strafford is nice (i can walk there from home)

a bit pricier but nice.

A pub with nice food is probably what I am looking for

The Toby Carvery

These two don’t equate

within a few miles of the M1 around Sheffield

Well, Sheffield City Centre is only just down the Parkway from J33(?) – Kelham Island might be a good shout – especially if you like your craft beers

Kelham Island

Premier Icon wheelsonfire1

The Hunloke Arms on the A61 7 miles off jct 29. Book first!

The Hunloke Arms on the A61 7 miles off jct 29. Book first!

Hunloke is decent tbf, but a bit of a hike away from the M1 Sheffield criteria even if that was a loose criteria

Side note – it’s sister pub, Joiners Arms in Quarndon (Derby) is better. It’s not near Clay Cross for a start 😉

Snob!

Premier Icon jambourgie
    Free Member

KFC. Woodall Services. M1.

The Peacock at Barlow. Accommodation, brewery, good food and pleasant staff. Nice scenery with the bonus that you might bump into Bernie Clifton! Hope this helps, positivity usually wins out.

Premier Icon frankconway

Many fine eateries at Meadowhall.
    If you’re feeling adventurous – Rotherham.

Premier Icon rone
    Free Member

Peacock at Barlow +1

Premier Icon slowol

There’s probably a gem that a local will know but when I was staying near Meadowhall for work for about 3 weeks just before the pandemic we found the best options nearby to be either the food court in Meadowhall or the numerous eateries at the Valley Entertainment complex about half a mile towards Sheffield.
    You’re unlikely to be wowed but easy to get to, park and edible food in either. Wouldn’t recommend the Frankie and Benny’s but the Italians in both were good and choice of other food styles. Apologies if these suggestions lack culinary ambition.

Premier Icon jeffl
    Free Member

Not been post lockdown but this place is good and only 5 minutes off junction 30.

https://www.themossbrookinneckington.co.uk

For the locals not sure if Eckington is worse than Clay Cross 😀

Premier Icon jambourgie
    Free Member

Can we have a ban on the word ‘eatery’. It makes my teeth itch.

@jeffl I would think Clay Cross and Eckington and lots of other former industrial/mining towns and villages around the whole of the UK still suffer from the same stereotypical views. Start a negative thread and we can have a discussion? This was about places to eat and meet. Loads of places on that M1 corridor and most people positive. Winking/smiling emoji things are just a poor way of indicating that you’re very funny

If any offence has been caused to residents of Clay Cross, I am truly sorry

Premier Icon jeffl
    Free Member

Winking/smiling emoji things are just a poor way of indicating that you’re very funny

Calm down dear. Emojis are a way of indicating a nuance that can’t be effectively conveyed using normal written English.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.