Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Somewhere peaceful to park the van up in NE London
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I’m working in London near Tower Bridge then hopefully finishing early before meeting some friends in Hackney. Given I’ll have had a full day and then I’m going out I’m not really looking to do anything but it would be nice to park the van up somewhere and maybe have a kip in the back or read a bit. Any tips on where I could park up, maybe by a park pr possibly Lee Valley. Ideally not too far away or too crime riddled. Bonus points for toilet facilities and wifi

simon_g

You can park inside Finsbury Park, think it’s pay & display during the day but not expensive – access off Upper Tollington Park / Endymion Road. Turn right on the way in and you reach the cafe building which has toilets at one end.

will
    Free Member

Near Victoria Park. You’ll need to Pay and Display, but it’s pretty peaceful.

theflatboy
    Free Member

+ Finsbury Park cafe even has decent Wifi.

shermer75
    Free Member

There’s a park opposite Whipps Cross Hospital. Free, quiet, lots of space to roam about in if that tickles your fancy. Ten-fifteen minute drive from Hackney depending on traffic.

Also, I’ve never parked there but apparently there is free parking outside the velodrome in the Olympic Park, which is right next to Hackney.

nickjb
    Free Member

Thanks all. Some good leads

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere peaceful to park the van up in NE London’ is closed to new replies.