Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Sometimes we just don't help ourselves. (Bike lights content)
  • grahamh
    Free Member

From my little survey I carried out one day last year on a day I drove to work last this time year. 5 cyclists without lights, 49 motorists (not counting those with partial non-working lights i.e. Driving illegally during the hours of darkens). Same type of survey this week, 3 cyclists 20+ cars (I lost count so could have been 30/40/50+).

BrickMan

I see so many peeps out there with pish weak rear lights, yes kudo’s, you’ve got a rear light and it works, but so dimm/batteries depleted that the charging light on a phone would be brighter.

hora
    Free Member

Uselesshippy are you of nervous disposition?

butcher

Although I wouldn’t condone it – I personally run my lights during the middle of the day – on an unlit road, most (well kitted out) cyclists have enough high visibility reflectives to ensure that as soon as car headlights hit them they’re lit up like Tron.

cookeaa

I don’t see the real problem OP.

You encountered some dicks who happen to cycle and feel that you must be able to either righteously defend all cyclists collective honour it else whole heartedly agree with your Ranty, motorway man, colleague who can’t differentiate between “bloody cyclists” and regular human beings.

Every time one of my colleagues recounts yet another non-incident involving their metal box and a cyclist (hoping for some sort of rise out of me) I tend to just retort with, something along the lines of:

“Yeah there seem to be a lot of **** on the roads these days, some in cars, some in vans or busses, and some on push bikes. Its almost like a proportion of the population are morons, no matter what form of transport they use…

Just give some qualified agreement to your colleague, the cyclists you encountered were morons, its inevitable that some people always will be, not all cyclists are, and road ragey twattery, beeping for the sake of registering your opinion or going that step further and making deliberate contact (I’ve had it happen) can’t ever really be justified.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Nope. Are you a ****? Yes.
    I’m quite calm, but if you did that to some my mates, your quite likely to have the shit kicked out of you car.
    Which of course is wrong, but so is using your car to scare cyclists.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hora, you’ve been a prick, give it up.

hora
    Free Member

Your mates are the type of people who ride with no lights?

Do you see what I’m getting at here? Your completely missing the point. You are merging all drivers that have ever used a car horn against YOU into what I’d do with a darkly dressed idiot who you only notice by chance.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

No, your missing the point.
    you do not have the right to punish people for traffic offences.
    Your as bad as someone who makes punishment passes.
    Or has your ego got so big you think your now judge dredd. Part of the reason more people don’t cycle in the UK, is **** like you, thinking its funny to deliberately scare the shit out of them.

aP
    Free Member

hora – you live in Manchester?
    Crosses it off list of places to go.
    You’re like a completely random rant generator, changing your position dependant upon the colour of the room you’ve just walked into. Oh, and a dick.

mattsccm
    Free Member

No lights?
    They were wrong and no amount of irrational ranting here can make that right.
    I note that those who are trying to defend them use the old and futile tactic of ignoring the riders crime, and that what it is, and then have a go at cars instead.
    Yes, many cars drivers are selfish and inconsiderate but I don’t see that mentioned in the original post and that is therefore pointless to the post.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes we just don't help ourselves. (Bike lights content)’ is closed to new replies.