• This topic has 206 replies, 98 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 207 total)
  • sometimes, is violence the only answer…………….on a commute.
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Why so many suggestions to change his route "for a while"?

Ton may be a strong chap, but there is an angry, incompetent, peed-off bloke driving a deadly weapon with Ton's name on the bumper.

Queensbury rules

Lol. Rules are for games; streetfighting is survival.

I hope I'd have the presence of mind to put down the aggressor like Ton did, but I suspect I would have been too shocked, shown weakness and got badly hurt.

hora
    Free Member

dou'gh!

Jamie
    Free Member

KINGTUT:

WGAF.

+1.

hora
    Free Member

Ok,. I'll be honest. I would have grabbed his head with both hands. Pulled it off and stick it on the nearest fence. Then I would have gone through his pockets. Found his home address and reeked havoc amongst his close kin, torturing each first before death to find their next of kin until I had wiped out 4 generations of his family. Only then would I rest easy that never again would he bother me.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Keep going hora, I'm nearly there

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It takes balls to walk away = myth propagated by mothers and people who have never been in that situation

It's not a myth. I've walked away, more than once, before and I dare say I'll do it again, because that's my style: I'd rather walk away and be laughed at than get hurt.
    But on the occasion I was given no option I got in first, and I fight really dirty. I was pulled off him trying to gouge his eyes out with my thumbs whilst banging his head against a wall.
    So, IME, they leave you alone afterwards.

chris82
    Free Member

This seems a bit like the BMW thread again. I can't really predict how I'd react in a situation like this. If I ever found myself in this situation though I wouldn't be to proud of my actions, and certainly would advertise the fact.

I may disagree with some of this, but I hope that the OP takes care on the road as the driver of the car does sound quite angry. You may have the size advantage man to man, but he'll have the advantage in a car!

Del

Nope only rudeboy can do that

think you'll find that only superstar can do that.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Cant believe this is still going. Let's recap, for those that cant be bothered trolling (oops) through all 5 pages:
    A fat bloke on a bike headbutted a shouty bloke in a car. Some people thought he was naughty to have done this, but quite a few seemed to like it and wanted to kiss him where he wees. The end (please).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh stop trying to spoil the fun!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Oh go on then…
    There were at least three of them, all armed with poison tipped spears, so I went for the leader, a mountain of a man with a shock of flaming red hair. I took him out with a right uppercut to the larger of his two testicles, but then had to stop because i was becoming aroused by all the BLOODY FANTASISING going on.

devs
    Free Member

barnsley mitch looks tough 😯

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

who hell he?

seizednuts
    Free Member

I can feel for you, I had a simlar insident when iwas on a scooter. Blind corner on bridle way it was a short cut for me so I shouldnt of been there, cyclist and me head to head made each other jump. He reacted by screaming and shouting comeing very close my knee jerk reaction was to nut him. Didnt stop to find out damage. Felt bad afterward. But if he hadnt of reacted in his way I wouldnt of done what I did. No matterwhat you have the right to defend your self.

So yes you were right to defend your self. But its shit that you'd be in more trouble for doing it. World gone mad!?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Youre right, the world has gone mad – you couldnt make it up!

snowslave

It takes balls to walk away = myth propagated by mothers and people who have never been in that situation. It's far harder to initiate violence knowing it might be the last thing you ever do.

No it's not. Absolutely not. Many violent confrontations could be avoided or de-scaled if someone over-rides the animal response, thinks before acting, walks away and loses face. The guy has triggered an animal fight or flight reaction, and in a split second the response comes, almost without thinking. Biff. Understandable but wrong.

DezB
    Free Member

Jumped into page 4 for a quick review.
    A lot of people seem to have forgotten that having a vehicle cut you up or come close to knocking you off your bike gets the adrenaline going like any other near death/injury experience.
    What I'm saying is, the bloke ton nutted didn't just shout at him.

Del

i was riding a marmot up a footpath around a blind corner, shortcut for me, i shouldn't have been there. came tooth to jowl with a lamma and two orang-utans. i took the ba5tards out with an rpg. didn't look back. they had it coming.

Jamie
    Free Member

I was walking through the lion enclosure at Dublin zoo dressed like a pork chop, minding my own business. Then for no reason at all i was jumped by 2 lions. I decked them all then kicked the crap out of the zookeeper for telling me i was asking for it.

True story.

scruff
    Free Member

This is the gayist thread in ages.

All you hard men are just leather bears on bikes. And you anti violencers are fags.

ton

barnsleymitch – Member
    Cant believe this is still going. Let's recap, for those that cant be bothered trolling (oops) through all 5 pages:
    A fat bloke on a bike headbutted a shouty bloke in a car. Some people thought he was naughty to have done this, but quite a few seemed to like it and wanted to kiss him where he wees. The end (please).

fancy meeting me for a ride sometime…… 8)

and to close this, i phoned millgarth this morning and reported the incident.
    i told them time, place, and my and the other blokes actions.
    the officer asked me if i thought the guy was gonna hit me, i said i did.
    he said i was within my rights to defend my self in such a way as to stop a act off violance being commited on me.
    i then asked the officer if it would go any further, he said if no one comes in and make a complaint, then it would be highly unlikely.
    he said he doubted someone who had carried out a dangerous manouver in a vehicle in the 1st instance would want to get the police involved.
    i gave him my name and contact detail, he said that if anything came up he would ring me.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

That's me telled then!

joolsburger
    Free Member

let's say you were riding into work, minding your own business.
    next minute a car cut's across the front of you, just missing you to make a left turn.
    you brake hard, but stay on the bike.
    you think what a **** ride on and go to work
    you have a good day

Is it just me?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

i was within my rights to defend my self in such a way as to stop a act off violance being commited on me

Bang on the money copper.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

If the bloke puts a complaint in I doubt you would have a leg to stand on. You are supposed to let someone hit you and then call for the police and tell them what happend. Then they can speak to witnesses etc.

Thats the only sure fire way you cant get into trouble. For sure you might not actually get charged if you go to court, or you might if the evidence was strongly in favour of the 'victim' How many times have people got into trouble even when they have not even thrown the first punch and gave a swift beating to someone. I think the plod you spoke to only gave you half the story. taking into account that the person has not been in contact with them. If he had I think you would have got a different response! speaking from experience here.

DezB
    Free Member

Is it just me?

Doesn't make a very interesting post on a forum though eh?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Seth – wrong – you have the defence of " self defence " even if he does not hit you first. Its harder to make the case but still possible.

If you genuinely believe he is about to hit you and you hit him to prevent him hitting you then walk away you can make that defence.

Exactly what Stephen Gerrard did after he thumped someone in a club – he made that defence and got away with it – and that was more than one blow.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Ton is not Steven Gerrard though! TJ I said its not set it stone but you could go to court over this, I have seen this happen for much less. Once its in court you are playing something of a lottery. If you notice what I put I said the only sure fire way you can't get into trouble is not to hit back! Steven Gerrard was very lucky not to have got done going on what happened! There has been cases in the papers where people have stabbed others in self defence and got nothing. Other cases people have got 10 year. One the other day where a bloke hit some little scroat, because he felt it was self defence and ended up getting done

I would not fancy putting my faith in the courts of anything of this ilk, as its way too inconsistent with this sort of thing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

OK – Seth – "Thats the only sure fire way you cant get into trouble." fair enough. Its all about reasonable force and stuff and how good the lawyers are

snowslave

Brave and honourable step Ton – good on yer, going to the cops like that defo takes balls

cookeaa

You are both road rage sufferers…

Road rage is an odd thing, it comes from the old fight or flight instinct and starts with one person cutting you up, by the end of your journey every **** is out to get you and even the slightest fault in others driving is blown way out of proportion. It becomes a vicious circle because one angry bad driver normally manages to carve someone else up and thus create another, just because you’re on a bike doesn’t mean this doesn’t apply to you, you’re a road user and we are just as prone to the fight or flight instinct.

You both needed to count to ten and walk away, yep you were in the right to point out his shit driving and no he should never have gotten out of the car, as much of a knob as this bloke was you still would have been the bigger man to have known you could have laid him out but still chosen to walk away, as it is your feeling all big and clever now but what happens if he does report it? Witnesses/CCTV can be presented either way, and the fact that you wandered off while he was left with his “Nose pissing blood” may not play so well in court, could your bragging on here could be admissible?

I wouldn’t go believing everything the Rozzer you spoke to had to say, it’s not like he really cares either way, all he’s got is your statement, there’s an angry resentful arse sat in an A&E who will probably feel like reporting an assault by the time he’s discharged. Neither of you are whiter than white, I think presenting yourself as some sort of righteous “have a go hero” is a bit much, you won a pissing competition to see who could over-react the most, Well done…

BlingBling
    Free Member

Brave and honourable step Ton – good on yer, going to the cops like that defo takes balls

Going to the cops was stupid and was done only to be able to take the moral high ground and maybe the reduce the feeling of guilt.

I liked your hard image better Ton….you've gone down now in my estimation.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I'm saying nowt – he wants to 'meet up for a ride sometime', and to be honest, it sounds like either a good hiding or a dry bumming, and neither choice appeals, if I'm honest.

hora
    Free Member

Im sadly one of those drivers that if Im trying to filter in one lane of traffic and some berk wants to protect his 1m infront of him (even after Ive indicatored for alongtime) I'll just keep moving towards his front wing until the point where the other driver swerves and lets me in. Motorway, massive long gap infront of me in my lane- Im talking half a mile after two lanes were shut due to an accident. Everyone infront of me had been allowed in hence the massive gap. This tool decides I can sit there so I did my move. He slammed it almost into the bumper of the car infront to claim his space and acted like an angry chimp through the sidewindow- all the while I wrested my hand on my chin and just looked at him…..then my dog (laying down in the front passenger seat) sat up and also stared at him. Lad called me a **** and floored it off as soon as he got a chance. Now I was partly out of order but he was heading for a sodding heart attack.

cookeaa

Sorry Hora your indicator doesn't actually give you right of way, as stupid as it may seem driving into other cars is wrong….

enfht
    Free Member

Q1 – Did it actually happen?
    Q2 – Why didn't your helmet's visor hit him rather than your forehead?
    Q3 – Why does STW tend to have these obviously made-up stories?

hora
    Free Member

Tool was in a new Audi though. I took great pride in seeing him change colour 😈

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

for gods sake enfht, dont anger him further! Think of the kids !

enfht
    Free Member

Judging my his picture collection I'm FAR more scared of Scruff!!! 😯

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

give me a doll an i'll point to where scruff likes to touch people in doggers carpark on the Cannock night 'rides'

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘sometimes, is violence the only answer…………….on a commute.’ is closed to new replies.