Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Something to look forward to – Wednesday night Edinburgh Ride
  • ojom
    Free Member

Thinking we might fire up the Honda for a trip to GT this week as the Pentlands might be a tad wet after the deluge this weekend.

Usuals up for a spin?

Or… thinking about a cross bike spin taking in some local lanes/paths etc and ales.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Tentatively in for this – was also thinking that the Pentlands could be a bit moist.

GT or CX both sound good.

Edit: even the forecast looks good!

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

GT sounds good. Cross dressing also appeals though 😐

Have space in the car for 1 more bod + bike.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Have space in the car for 1 more bod + bike.

How many bodies do you already have in your car 😯

Very unlikely I’ll make this one unfortunately, got to pick up the van from the garage Wednesday night plus picking up new (to me) car sometime Wednesday. Unless 1 or both these things change I’ll struggle to make it.

bigjim

I might manage this one

ojom
    Free Member

You better.

xvert
    Free Member

Daan saaf again this week, hopefully next free next week

cynic-al
    Free Member

cx appeals, would be good to scout out those midlothian trails.

jimmy

Hopefully up for either. A lift would be good so her indoors can go pick the hoover up from the repair shop. Or something else misogynistic.

Northwind

Looks like I’ll be tied up with Car Stuff 🙁

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Did somebody say Midlothian? I’m not up for Glentress, been a lot recently but could do a local ride. Was thinking of going out and doing a bit of trail clearing anyways and could do that whilst waiting on the ones with skinny tyres 😉

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Jim, I can give you a lift.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Would be interested if it was a Midlothian ride.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I can’t post on here during the day so going to suggest if anyone wants to ride in Midlothian how about meeting in Newtongrange in front of the library for 7pm.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

A wee Midlothian ride could be good, not been out that way for a while and quite fancy a change from GT. Anyone else heading out from the burgh?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m tempted, weather permitting.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Midlothian sounds good although I’ll go with whatever.

Likely to be CX or MTB friendly? Need to take the right bike to work in the morning.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

The wife is working late tonight, so won’t be able to make this one.

13thfloormonk

No can do, got to work late and 4 days in Knoydart has taken its toll! Enjoy!

honeybadgerx

I’ve moved myself up to Edinburgh now so would be up for it but haven’t brought the bike up yet! That and some minor freehub making noises like it might catch fire then explode issues… but will definitely be up for it another time!

slowclimb
    Free Member

Alright chaps, thought I should give you a local heads up!
    Its the Beltane (think the Wicker Man without the fun) festival rideout here tonight and a lot of the roads will be shut, millions of horses and easily amused people everywhere, I would head elsewhere if I was you 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

“here”…meaning where?

cynic-al
    Free Member
    pixelmix
    Free Member

Enjoy GT folks. I’ve got the CX bike with me today so will probably do an hour or two on the way home on that.

Will try to make the next away day or Pentlands ride – if a GT/Inners trip falls in the school holidays I can probably take the car as Mrs Pixelmix won’t be using it for work then.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Bueller…………

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was gonna head to Newtongrange lib for 7pm…

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Yeah will do the same. Anyone need a lift from Edinburgh? i’m on the Murrayfield area, leaving about 6.15ish.

bigjim

well, I might mince up the pentlands and rip up the hardpacked dusty trails with my slant six equipped bike.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

NETTLES and MUD. It’s all fun though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I did a secret endo 😎

bigjim

was remarkably dry up the pentlands, clubbidean repairs are looking good!

ojom
    Free Member

Jimmy and me ripped up the tress. Midges were out in fighting packs.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Ah, my legs sting. Those leaves I brought home weren’t doc leaves 🙁

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Something to look forward to – Wednesday night Edinburgh Ride’ is closed to new replies.