Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Something just made me smile
  • pinetree
    Free Member

Went up to the co-op to get a bottle of wine and overheard the lad (Early/mid twenties?) at the counter talking to a customer. She’d asked for a lottery ticket, and while fetching it he told her “sorry love, we’re all sold out of losers, we’ve only got winning tickets left. Is that ok?”

It seems like this this lad is working whenever I go in, and he’s always really nice, friendly and jokey. I think it’s nice to know that some people who work in general shops don’t absolutely hate it, and take pride in their work and their interactions with customers.

So many people complain about their jobs, or think that certain types of work are beneath them. This guy could teach a lot of these people a thing or two: Even if your job is pretty menial, there’s no reason you can’t find good in it and make the most.

I was already in a good mood when I came away from the office today, but this has really put a smile on my face. Little things, eh?

A street stall seller I overheard recently used the line ‘all money goes to charity’ – ‘she’s a lovely girl Charity, I’ll bring her in one day’

He loved his job, shady bastard

maccruiskeen

Guy in the shop I used to go to in Glasgow sold “unlucky dips” for the lottery – guaranteed not to win. If a ticket proved to be faulty and had all the winning numbers on it you could return it and get your £1 refunded.

deluded
    Free Member

Send an Email or letter to Co Op head office about him – might help the lad get that promotion he wants, or something.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Send an Email or letter to Co Op head office about him – might help the lad get that promotion he wants, or something.

+1

I’d do the same were I to encounter a decent polis in Brizzle. However, I’ve only ever encountered shady fleckers. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Must be the company you keep 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Something just made me smile’ is closed to new replies.