Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 215 total)
  • Something I had never thought about until yesterday (bum wiping content)
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

My wife was teaching my youngest son how to wipe his arse yesterday and told him to wipe it front to back. I heard this and something just didnt seem right about that method.

I can understand why a woman would do it that way, but my son is not female so surely doesnt have that problem.

So – what is the consensus on arse wiping direction for males?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

F2B, so you have a clear run out.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Depends on which side you attack from surely?

A back to front wipe would be more comfortable for an underarmer, whereas a front to back wipe would suit an overarm wiper better. I would have thought.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Damn.

So side to side is definately a no no then? 😳

bassspine
    Free Member

surely B to F is less hygenic for either sex. All those little crevices….

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think it matters tbh. You’re not scooping big lumps of poo off, are you? If you have klingons then you need carefully to dab them off in a separate motion anyway otherwise you’ve just smeared it everywhere and made the situation far worse.

tang
    Free Member

Having lived in India water+left hand is the only way. Bog roll for a dry wipe after.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

front to back. unless you want bits of poo in your pubes (I’d have thought) 😐

docrobster
    Free Member

It’s more important for girls, as B2F wiping can lead to urinary tract infections. For lads it doesn’t really matter does it?
    If it’s any consolation my youngest is 10 in about 2 weeks and still asks for help when he’s done a particularly sloppy one- enjoy!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Having lived in India water+left hand is the only way. Bog roll for a dry wipe after.

Excellent thinking. I imagine that’s why there so few cases of people getting tummy upsets there then!

Torminalis
    Free Member

I always do a cautionary B2F and then follow up with a couple of F2B’s to ensure a nice shiny fresh ring-piece that you could eat your dinner off.

HTH

Cougar

Back to front when sitting to catch the larger debris, front to back when standing for a final buff.

Do you ever wonder if we share too much on here?

samuri
    Free Member

F2B first followed by a secondary F2B<->B2F polish.

You never know when you’re going to get visitors.

jimmy

Debris…. brilliant word for the occasion.

front to back. unless you want bits of poo in your pubes (I’d have thought)

What if your pubes continue up your back?

jimmy

Also, I’ve taken to using a wet wipe for a shiny finish. But ALWAYS F2B, no question.

tonyd

Front to back, although it does make it harder to inspect the paper before discarding it.

If there is potential for lumps I usually hold the paper loose and use a type of pincer movement to ensure capture and avoid smearing, then finish with a F2B or two.

tang
    Free Member

[/url]
    Clag gone by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]

freddyg
    Free Member

f2b here too….

I’m surprised that the question of paper quantity and foldage/scrunch has not been brought up yet. Along with some of our species insistence on emptying, almost, an entire roll into the bog; leaving it for the inspection of subsequent users.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Classic STW awesomeness at it’s best.

yossarian
    Free Member

i use the back to front, arm between legs method

i also roll my sleeves up

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Maybe the clue here is in who taught you.

Harry_the_Spider

When using the knees bent, elbows out, head between legs B2F method with an action similar to that employed whilst starting a petrol mower I would suggest wearing a pair of these…

…and keeping your mouth closed.

I am not a doctor. Or a supplier of safety glasses.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Moistened toilet tissues (aka bum wipes in our house) are the most important invention since MRI scanners.

I don’t know how I ever lived without theme.

GrahamS

Reach through with an underarm B2F motion while remaining seated to ensure adequate cheek separation is maintained at all times.

Could just be my fat ass, but I can’t manage a F2B overarm reach-around while remaining sat down – there simply isn’t room.

Cougar

When using the knees bent, elbows out, head between legs B2F method with an action similar to that employed whilst starting a petrol mower

I think if I tried to wipe like that, I’d have an involuntary secondary poo.

alfabus
    Free Member

tang… is he back pedalling in that picture, must be fixed gear, although he seems to have a cassette and mech. puzzling.

fbk
    Free Member

I think if I tried to wipe like that, I’d have an involuntary secondary poo.

😆 Classic

M6TTF
    Free Member

funniest threads always involve poo – i’m 5 years old again 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been any mention of bidets yet?

Nothing quite beats the post vindaloo well aimed soothing woosh.

thegreatape
    Free Member

GrahamS. Exactly. To both paragraphs.

tang
    Free Member

Alfabus – ‘3 speed cling on removal at the flick of a switch’

Cougar

is he back pedalling in that picture, must be fixed gear,

If he is he’ll need to be careful what gets caught up there…

(what tyres for…)

Nothing quite beats the post vindaloo well aimed soothing woosh.

And then afterwards you can use the bidet.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Does he really need teaching which way to do it? I’m 100% certain I was never told which way to wipe as a child.

emsz
    Free Member

I think I preferred it when you were making lists of your cars

Harry_the_Spider

Does he really need teaching which way to do it? I’m 100% certain I was never told which way to wipe as a child.

We’re doing the same thing with our little lad at the moment. He does have to be told because he only thinks to wipe the bits he can see. After thrutching out a big ‘un his instinct is to have a good look at it then clean his knees. 🙄

poisonspider
    Free Member

I use an outside to inside spiral motion centred on the bullethole.

I then insert a papered fingertip (just the tip mind, I’m no perv) just to make sure it’s all gone, I can then fart confident in the knowledge that no errant little pellet is going to pop out.

snakebite
    Free Member

One of our group (particularly hairy) has to shower after every poo, its a right pain when everyones had breakfast and ready to ride and he suddenly says he needs a crap….

DezB
    Free Member

Does he really need teaching which way to do it?

Probably a good idea. I think mine just screws up the bog roll and presses.

derek_starship
    Free Member

+1 for the poisonspider method sans papered finger.

Followed by Andrex bum wipe.

Spotless, like a Sunday morning alter and no chance of an errant malteser.

poisonspider
    Free Member

How old is he if you don’t mind me asking? A classmate of my youngest (who’s 5) still can’t do it himself and his last attempt at our house had it up his back, over both hands and just about every surface in our downstairs bog. 🙄

Both of mine can do it themselves now, even if it is using 29 sheets of bog paper per wipe!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘Something I had never thought about until yesterday (bum wiping content)’ is closed to new replies.