Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Something for the tractorists
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

A lovely short film about the life of a Ford Dexta on the island of Papa Westray. If you ever get the chance to visit the island, please take it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My mate has just taken on a strange little pub and once a month the locals have tractor night where they watch tractor and steam DVDs.
    This will fit right in.

goldfish24

I wouldn’t call myself out as a tractorist but that pub sounds like a strange sort of heaven to me.

maxtorque

Lovely little film, and shows that given enough passion, anything can be interesting!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

“My mate has just taken on a strange little pub and once a month the locals have tractor night where they watch tractor and steam DVDs.
    This will fit right in”

I’d love to hear how it is received

himupstairs

excellent, thank you.

Hopefully i’ll find myself back up there at some point soon.

connect2

I used to love things like this but I’ve gone off them now

I’m an ex-tractor fan…………….

ulysse
    Free Member

It could be a sinister dexta

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I used to drive a Dexta when i was 13, helping out on a local farm. I fell off a buckrake on the back of one as a ‘passenger’ as well. 😆

martymac

We had a dexta when i was a nipper, if you put it in top gear it would get stuck in top and require the linkage to be partially disassembled to get into neutral.
    We had a couple of ferguson 35s as well, slightly more modern, slightly better as a result.
    Happy memories

Davesport

Opened in another tab for later viewing…Cheers.

(I’ve always wanted a Field Marshall)

pirahna
    Free Member

Nice to watch but would be even better with subtitles. WTF are they saying?

kayak23

Lovely. My cousin and his family live on Papa Westray. Apparently the kids go to school in a plane. 🙂

I really should visit…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Kayak, if you make it there be sure to check out the roof construction of the horse mill at Holland Farm.

The island is tiny and mostly managed as an RSPB reserve. Great archaeology too.

The flight between Westray and Papa Westray is the worlds shortest scheduled flight at 53 seconds

Davesport

Fantastic little piece of history right there. Cheers.

plyphon
    Free Member

Nice to watch but would be even better with subtitles. WTF are they saying?

Have a go with this one:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsUvcjk8J5c[/video]

sirromj

Thanks. Just watched with my Dad. He’s got the slightly newer Super Dexta, and a Fergie T20 with Howard H/L gearbox.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Great wee film. Pretty sure I’ve got a book about Maggie and her tractor. Happy to translate for anyone.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Something for the tractorists’ is closed to new replies.