Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Somerset MTB
  • calmtblum
    Free Member

Hello!
    I’m going to stay in somerset soon and bring my bike so any knowledge of fun spots would be appreciated a lot. I have been Ashton court/Leigh woods but the trails there are very easy.
    Thanks

Captain_Sponge

It’s a reasonably big county – care to add any additional info? Base location, preferred riding?

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Wind Hill and Rowberrow are my local spots. The former holds up better in winter.

JP

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d hazard a guess that you haven’t done the off poste in Leigh woods if you think its too easy. Needs to be a bit drier than it has been though. The official trails have been improved in recent years if you’ve not been for a while but they are still at the family friendly end. Mendips are good. Can get a bit messy after the rain though. Quantocks are very good and generally all weather.

JAG

Quantocks are very good and generally all weather

I love riding here.

calmtblum
    Free Member

I’m staying just south of Bristol and my preferred riding is like jumps and stuff but whatever really. I haven’t ridden off piste at Leigh woods, any good?

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I’m staying just south of Bristol and my preferred riding is like jumps and stuff but whatever really. I haven’t ridden off piste at Leigh woods, any good?

Wind Hill is your best bet then, or Belmont, which is near to Bristol and has jumps and techie stuff but is to be avoided if it’s been remotely wet.

JP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Somerset MTB’ is closed to new replies.