• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by igm.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • someone is bored quickly!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Will still have 2 year manufacturer warranty on it

Not sure about that.

Anyway, might be selling for any number of reasons.

z1ppy

No quicker than many on here, WTF is the Health and beauty rubbish in the link there for?

He’s also selling other parts that could be from the bike and his helmet, maybe he given up?

mojo5pro
    Free Member

yeah, don’t know why the health & beauty links in the address. Potentially good deal for someone, especially as there was a post on here saying how there’s a few week backlog on ordering new alpine frames.

roverpig

Frame warranty is indeed 2 years on the Alpine. For some reason it is 3 years on the Five and five years on most of the hardtails. However, it is not transferable.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Maybe computers have finally made filing cabinets unnecessary!

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe he caned it, is all broken (him not the frame) and needs money for the mortgage.

sharkattack

If you work in a bike shop you can make a tidy profit by ordering yourself the latest and greatest Whatever and breaking it for parts. Especially with an Orange that comes with Kashima, Hope, Mavic, Raceface etc… All stuff that sells well.

Harder to do with bigger brands that have a lot of own-brand kit on.

I did it with one of those ‘special edition’ black gold Fives that came out while I was doing a temporary stint in my mates shop. It paid for that winters riding trip.

igm

Has a Fulford Cycles sticker on it, which is indeed an Orange dealer in York, so that checks out.

I was riding with the owner of Fulford last weekend so I could probably find the history if anyone really wanted to know.

Jamie
    Free Member

However, it is not transferable.

Which was what I was referring to. Some unsuspecting buyer might buy it on the strength of that sentence.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I assume the seller never registered it with Orange?

Dark-Side

Which was what I was referring to. Some unsuspecting buyer might buy it on the strength of that sentence.

Or its a staff bike, and they will sort you out should any issues arise.

cheez0
    Free Member

nicked.

fivespot
    Free Member

Wish it was a 17″ 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

Wish it was a 17″

i’m sure it still has resale value.

igm

Not nicked, not a staff bike. Turns out I was riding with the seller at the weekend.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘someone is bored quickly!’ is closed to new replies.