Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Someone has driven into the side of my car, immediately contact the insurers?
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Had a call the other day saying that my daughter was involved in an accident 2 1/2 years ago and the other party were claiming against her. My wife told them to **** off, she wasnt even driving 2 1/2 years ago. Someones either got duff info or it was a scammer, we will never know. The joys of no win no fee scumbags.

the00
    Free Member

Thread update…

Based on the early advise on this forum (now I see my mistake… 😉 ) I contacted my insurers and progressed a claim against the other driver. The car was collected, fixed (slowly) and returned. The other driver would not admit fault, so I payed out my excess and because I had legal cover I pursued the driver for costs. This meant a loss of NCB when renewing my insurance, so I stayed with my existing provider as it was ‘easier’. The claim never got to court, and now the other driver has now accepted liability and my excess (and NCB) have been returned. Tedious 6 months wait with some worry, but it turned out ok in the end.

Thanks.

mattsccm
    Free Member

read dates of posts 😳

shermer75
    Free Member

Six months?!? They don’t make it easy, hey? You must feel very relieved now it’s all over!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Someone has driven into the side of my car, immediately contact the insurers?’ is closed to new replies.