Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Some up and down play on Reverb at the top of travel.
  • Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I have a 2 yrs old 2012 Reverb that has started to bounce a bit at hte top of its travel, as if it isn’t hydro locking properly. It’s well out of warranty so I’m wondering how to fix this. I’ve already tried pumping up the air spring to 250psi (it was at 170 when I connected the pump), but this didn’t help. The system is fully bled and the normal up and down operation works as normal. Any ideas?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

needs servicing

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Is this DIYable?

maxtorque

Reports vary on this one.

If you look on YouTube, you can find the full reverb service video, which is quite frighteningly complicated and needs special tools, but basically carries out a full seal replacement and post bleed (rather than just the “remote bleed” that is easy to do). This should fix the slight play issue, as that play is a sign that air has got into the internal hydraulic circuits, and hence the post isn’t quite a solidly “locked” as when there is no air (air being compressable)

But, various sources also suggest that even a full reseal/rebleed of the post won’t fix this slight play issue, but no one has ever been able to tell me why that might be case!

unklehomered
    Free Member

I fixed mine by getting serviced by loco.

rentachimp
    Free Member

I had mine for about 1.5 years, never serviced, this happened, took it to the shop, got a brand new one on warranty.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They need servicing just like forks do.
    Our place does quite a few in house (the other mechanic does-I don’t touch them!)
    Full strip & rebuild with a fresh seal kit usually sorts them out-depending on how messed up it is inside.

warns74
    Free Member

Recently had the same thing happen to mine. I wasn’t entirely sure how old it was, I was pretty sure it was getting on for 2 years or maybe more but I couldn’t find the receipt so just sent it off to Fisher via local agent and see what they said.

All i can say is what amazing customer service. About a week and half later I had a call from the LBS to say my brand new reverb was waiting for me, free of charge, not even any postage costs.

Was so chuffed I wrote a letter of thanks to Fisher

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Wow nice, maybe I should try that first..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Some up and down play on Reverb at the top of travel.’ is closed to new replies.