Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Some "unseen" Bill Hicks
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Well, after a night of Maron, I woke up to watch this>

Cults

Time for quiet now.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I really wish he was still around today. I can’t even begin to imagine what he’d make of things in 2014.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Not explored Bill Hicks enough but a big fan of Marc Maron.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Bill Hicks was the first person who I saw labelled as a “comedian” but was so much more, and often less funny than just mind-blastingly thought-provoking.

I tend to put him, Stanhope and Carlin together because they all changed, in a matter of moments, how I thought about living life. And how I looked at the world and people.

Just starting with Chris Morris now.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I tend to put him, Stanhope and Carlin together because they all changed, in a matter of moments, how I thought about living life. And how I looked at the world and people.

Indeed. I’ve always been a bit obsessive over stand up comedy, even as kid. When I discovered Hicks I realised just how important stand up comedy can be. Certainly Hicks and Stanhope reflected how I felt about life and gave me new concepts to consider.

Dogsby

I spent 10 mins on the Dodgems with him during the Edinburgh Festival. He was quite rubbish but outstanding on stage in the Meadows Comedy Tent later that evening. I saw him several times subsequently and remained a lifelong fan.

Dogasby

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks, shall check this out. Loving Doug Stanhope’s stuff at the moment too (a few albums on spotify if anyone wants to check him out.)

gogg
    Free Member

Excellent and still relevant…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Some "unseen" Bill Hicks’ is closed to new replies.