Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Some sort of winter uplifty-but-not-totally-downhilly holiday abroad?
  • Northwind

I’m pleased with that thread title, it’s workmanlike.

Anyway, yes… Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a holiday around january/february time, somewhere that has at least some uplifts but isn’t all-out DH. 6 inch bikes and pads, the sort of riding you wouldn’t feel like you need to wear a full face for, but wouldn’t feel like a total idiot if you did.

I’d thought of Lavatrax but looking at their packages, it seems to be either DH, or relatively simple XC, and not enough in the middle?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Heard good things about Sierra Cycling 😯

Northwind

That may have been what reminded me to post this thread :mrgreen:

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr MC posting)

whats your budget? Atlas mountains Morocco with Cycleactive was amazing, we still rave about it nearly 3yrs later. 4×4 transfers so a descending bias.

A review of them would be as long as the SC review and the polar opposite. Not cheap but worth every penny. Probably raved about it here before if you search morocco. I will also have picture whored something shameless. so here’s one of MC on her 30th birthday, going from lush meadow to moab slickrock to alpine rock in an hour 8)

Northwind

That looks fantastic… Pushes the budget to the limit really, but maybe not quite past it.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Some sort of winter uplifty-but-not-totally-downhilly holiday abroad?

A beach in Barbados

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Some sort of winter uplifty-but-not-totally-downhilly holiday abroad?’ is closed to new replies.