Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Some smokers stink
  • jekkyl

Some smokers seem to hardly smell at all and some smokers reek of it.
    Guy who sits next to me at work is of the latter kind, disappears for 5 mins every 45 and comes back reeking of fags, like really disgusting sewer fags and the smell hangs around for ages and really puts me off.
    He’s quite an objectionable character anyway so I’m not endeared to him. Best way forward? ask the manager for a seat move or tell him that he stinks and that he’s making me sick? lol.

zippykona

I love the smell of dope, cigars and best of all pipes.
    Why they make cigarettes smell like a toilet I don’t know.

bikebouy
    Free Member

All smokers stink

FIFY

hels
    Free Member

Well, next time he comes back from a fag break I advise that you don’t snog him, that should help.

hatter

Festoon his desk with these?

jam-bo

Straights smell much more than rollies.

Xylene
    Free Member

You should tell him he stinks and complain to HR

fasthaggis

Solo
    Free Member

Similar here! Sitting next to the owner of an e-cigarette device AND who also pops out for several toats on a cigar, during the day.

Proper stinking. He once returned to his desk, obviously straight after enjoying some cigar time. While I was eating my lunch. I had to stop eating, the stench was so repugnant.

chewkw
    Free Member

The bloke smokes too quickly or sucks in the smoke too quickly or strongly.

seosamh77
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Or just doesn’t wash very much! 😆

bearnecessities

Another fine piece of analysis from Dr Chewkw. 🙂

The offender in question should give his hands a quick wash and pop an airwave in his gob; ’tis only good manners.

timber

When I worked in an off licence there used to be a guy that came in to buy his fags that the girls didn’t even wait for him to turn away from the counter before spraying the area and his wake as he left.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

there was talk of a site somewhere that offered it’s employees a choice, Fag breaks in 1 location up to 3/day of 5 mins. Everyone else got 15 mins of time credited which equalled something like 2 days leave. They had no smokers within a year.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Mike, if true that is genius

chewkw
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

Another fine piece of analysis from Dr Chewkw.

The offender in question should give his hands a quick wash and pop an airwave in his gob; ’tis only good manners.

Airwave does not work coz the smell come from the lungs.

timber – Member
    When I worked in an off licence there used to be a guy that came in to buy his fags that the girls didn’t even wait for him to turn away from the counter before spraying the area and his wake as he left.

Those girls are simply job worth rude. Where do they think they are selling? Consider themselves lucky no one puke on them while buying alcohol etc … If they want nice smell be a cosmetic girl selling perfume.

nealglover
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

I’ve heard some guff on here before.

But that’s a classic 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

chewkw – the difference between smoking and drinking is people don’t spend their time chucking drinks over other people.

seosamh77
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    chewkw – the difference between smoking and drinking is people don’t spend their time chucking drinks over other people.

you’ve clearly never been to a gig at the barras! 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Best way forward? ask the manager for a seat move or tell him that he stinks and that he’s making me sick?

Well if you weren’t so selfish and took up smoking you wouldn’t notice.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They had no smokers within a year.

We did something better. No smoking areas, no leaving site.

So the smokers have to do a full days work instead of skiving.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

I was working at takeaways many many years ago and people still puke all over outside the door after closing time before ordering food … who have to clean up? Me.

nealglover – Member
    I’ve heard some guff on here before.
    But that’s a classic

Try speed smoking you will notice the different.

All smokers know that except non-smokers.

seosamh77
    Free Member

ScottChegg – Member

So the smokers have to do a full days work instead of skiving.

now they just sit at their desk and skive! 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

ScottChegg – Member

So the smokers have to do a full days work instead of skiving. [/quote]
    If they have the will to smoke they will regardless of all your restrictions. The publicity stunt will only work for so long … 🙄

A bit like telling students to stop smoking innit. 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No you are paid to be at work, if you want to spend your break walking to the smoking area go for it, don’t expect time off other people don’t get.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    No you are paid to be at work, if you want to spend your break walking to the smoking area go for it, don’t expect time off other people don’t get.

Have you seen or heard of anyone being fired for smoking break? I mean not excessively but definitely more than the break allows. Like bending the rules a bit. 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

You sound like lots of fun in the workplace. I wonder how you’d react if i went for a joint at lunch time! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have you seen or heard of anyone being fired for smoking break?

No but having to put up with addicts sloping off to smoke every hour it gets a little annoying. Would be good to reward those that can actually do a days work 😉

I wonder how you’d react if i went for a joint at lunch time!

Probably pop your personal effects in a box on the step and tell you to leave.

seosamh77
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Probably pop your personal effects in a box on the step and tell you to leave.

Like I said, no fun at all! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m great fun at work, just don’t be a dick.

mogrim

Try speed smoking you will notice the different.

All smokers know that except non-smokers.

God, I hate having to agree with chewkw, but for once…

I notice it a lot: sometimes people come in from having a smoke and they hardly smell, other times it’s disgusting. Same person, same brand of cigs, but it varies. And speed does seem to be one factor.

seosamh77
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    I’m great fun at work, just don’t be a dick.

I suspect my joint trumps your gestapo like tendencies! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah big stoned smileys

I’ve worked in places that have zero tolerance for anything. We still had a good laugh. Want to get stoned do it on your own time. Simple really. When you have to consider or be responsible for other people you soon take a very dim view of a lot of shit, if you are being paid to work – work.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Skiving on STW seems fine though? 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s half midnight, I’m a bit trapped between timezones and not that bothered, your point?

bearnecessities

You seem stressed – spark up 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

The difference is as Chekw says IME, the “harder” or quicker someone smokes their ciggy seems to make them smell more.

seosamh77
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    You seem stressed – spark up

This! :mrgreen:

LapSteel
    Free Member

Bollards to this I’m off for fag!

Solo
    Free Member

Goodness!

The cleaner has just been round the office and it now smells as if I’m sitting inside an air freshener.

Think I’m getting a head ache.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Some smokers stink’ is closed to new replies.