some simple coil forks! 130-140mm preferred, must be qr.

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted some simple coil forks! 130-140mm preferred, must be qr.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • some simple coil forks! 130-140mm preferred, must be qr.
  • Im sick of being let down by high maintenance, expensive, lightweight forks! Im looking for something dead simple to stick on my dialled alpine, something around 130-140mm travel, coil sprung, must be quick release 9mm. I haven`t got a lot of money to spend, but if anybody out there has some fox vanillas or a pair of 130mm marzocchis they fancy selling, please get in touch. I do not care how heavy they are, or what condition they are visually, I just need them to be good mechanically, strong, and easy to look after. Anything considered. Cheers, Simon.

Premier Icon proutster
    Subscriber

Hi,
    I’ve got some Rockshox Tora XC’s that came as standard on my Giant Trance X4. They’re coil but only 120mm travel with pretty basic adjustment – preload and damping IIRC. Can’t remember the steerer length but I think it’s around 180mm

Pretty good condition, absolutely no marks on the stantions but a few scratches on the lowers.

Shown below:

Yours for £50 + postage.

If you’re interested let me know and I’ll take some more photos and confirm the steerer length.

Cheers, Mark.

rhbrhb

Cheeky post as I’ve only just registered…

In the market for similar for a budget 456 build to get my GF up and running with an MTB – if there’re others available out there, or if the above don’t suit the OP then I’d be very interested.

Have looked around but new entry level forks are more than doubling the total build cost, so am now exploring 2nd hand options.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I’ve some 130mm 2003 marzocchi z1 freerides if either of you are interested.

I’d say £50 plus p&p for a perfectly working bombproof fork. They probably should be served though.

Email in profile if your interested.

Kryton57, yes i am interested in those, is there any chance i could get a picture before i buy? I`ve emailed you as requested as well. cheers, Simon.

proutster, ive always had 130mm forks on the alpine, and dont want to go any shorter to be honest. thanks for the offer though. they should be great on a first bike like that 456 though- you get stuck in, rhbrhb, i hope they work out for you. i know just what you mean about the price of forks btw, how can they be that pricey??

Premier Icon proutster
    Subscriber

westcoastmassive – no worries, thought you’d say that! Hope the zocchis work out.

rhbrhb – over to you. Do you want some more pics?

rhbrhb

westcoastmassive – cheers, hope the z1’s from Kryton57 come good for you.

proutster – more pics could be good thanks, even better though I see from your profile that you’re in Manchester – where abouts? I’m Chorlton borders but can travel to view / collect.

I’ll enable my email in profile if it’s not done by default. (edit – can’t figure this bit out, so best reply here for now!)

Premier Icon proutster
    Subscriber

rhbrhb – I’m in Cheadle Hulme, so not far from you.

I’ll take some more pics this evening and measure the steerer length and then post them here or e-mail to you (if that’s sorted by then).

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

westcoast massive YGM.

Cheers!

rhbrhb

proutster – thanks, very near, if you can put the pics up here please for now as I can’t figure out making my email visible or not (it was an option at sign up, but doesn’t appear in settings).

Maybe I’m in some sort of new user “creche”?

Premier Icon proutster
    Subscriber

Hi rhbrhb,
    Here are some more photos of the Toras. The steerer is steel and is 184mm long. There are a couple of scratches (shown) on the decals and some other small marks on the lowers.

There is one tiny mark approx 25mm from the top of the right-hand stantion – I’ve tried to show it in the last pic but it didn’t come out too well – it’s less than 1mm round and you can just feel it with your finger-tip.

There’s preload adjustment on the top of the left leg and rebound adjustment at the bottom. The forks are fitted with a Superstar Components 203mm brake adaptor that I’ll throw in as well.

Let me know if you want anymore details.

rhbrhb

Thanks, i’ll come grab them off you next week if that’s cool. Just gotta work out how to contact you privately! A.

Premier Icon proutster
    Subscriber

Great!

I’m away from home a few nights next week but send me an email and we’ll sort out a convenient time – I’m around most of this weekend if that suits better:

proutster65mp (at) gmail.com

Cheers, Mark.

rhbrhb

nice one Mark, email sent, thanks, Andy

rhbrhb

Big thanks to Mark for the Tora’s, nice to meet you today, and to Simon for starting this thread I piggybacked…

🙂 Andy

Premier Icon proutster
    Subscriber

Andy,

No worries – glad you’re happy with them! They’d still be sat in the shed if you hadn’t hijacked 😀

rhbrhb

Now on a bike, once again thanks Mark:

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘some simple coil forks! 130-140mm preferred, must be qr.’ is closed to new replies.