Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Some photos for the Concorde appreciators
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

A couple of pics from my trip to see Concorde today – I normally don't give two hoots but even i was speechless at it's beauty, a lady that deserves our respect

Quick disclaimer, I'm not a great photographer so pick apart the photo's and i'll take the advice with good grace

And just for ha-ha's, the business end of a lightning

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Erm…

I think you need to click 'Actions' then 'View all sizes', get the size of the pic you need, then do the right click and 'copy image address' thing in order for them to be displayed on here.

EDIT Oh you've done it.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

when it didn't work i went in and copied some of the HTML, haven't used Flickr for a while to post photies and their interface has changed

EDIT – yep, but cheers for the advice 🙂 i'll get the hang of Flickr one day

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Is that the Manchester Concorde? They've made a good job of the visitor centre there. I've also seem the french prototype at Le Bourget and the prototype that is kept at the FAA museum. Next one to see is hopefully going to be the NY one for my wifes 40th birthday trip.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

East Fortune, just south of Edinburgh

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Right, I did wonder where the Lightening came from! Well, another concorde to go on the list next time I'm in Scotland then!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

They look like photographs taken by somebody who has been inspired and fascinated by something; and you've captured that something beautifully – hats off to you.

organic355
    Free Member

JulianA
    Free Member

All good pictures, thanks! A lovely aircraft.

The Lightning was/is fantastic. I wish I could afford a flight in one at Thunder City!

walla24
    Free Member

pretty mint to be fair

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Should should should have gone to see them at thunder city with we were in SA. Didn't and bugger are words that spring to mind.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

They look like photographs taken by somebody who has been inspired and fascinated by something; and you've captured that something beautifully – hats off to you.

that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about any photo's i've taken, thank you

woody74

Nice to see one being well looked after. The one in Bristol is just rotting away on the Airbus runway. Good photo by the way!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

She looks so fine. More like a spaceship than a plane. She will never look outdated. True style never does.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yeah, good pictures, of a lovely machine.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Amazing phot's, i would expect some of those to be on glossy a2 prints they are that good!

tempted to get a canvas of one, no joke !

Kuco

More pics of the Lightning.

Jimbo
    Free Member

I wish I could afford a flight in one at Thunder City!

That's pretty much finished. One of the two A/C (ZU-BEX) crashed at an air display. Bad enough, but the ejector seat also failed, which should NEVER happen.

Last time I heard, the other A/C was being flown the bare minimum to maintain type currency. No paying/passenger flights.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lovely, thanks for sharing!

carbon337
    Free Member

Whats the museum like as a whole? Worth going?

Do they have a Vulcan?

LMT
    Free Member

Great pictures of an amazing machine, i had the pleasure of seeing one take off at Birmingham many years ago, it wasn't a regular thing. I remember have a school sick day just to see it take off! i think Clarkson summed it up, too fast for the common person yet too slow in the modern email web based world!

My only wish is i wanted to actually be a passenger ah well never to be now.

Bunnyhop

Gorgeous.

We have Alpha Charlie at Manchester, sadly covered up now, but maybe that's for the best, she'll be preserved longer.

Future generations maybe won't feel the love for her as much as we all do.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Whats the museum like as a whole? Worth going?

Do they have a Vulcan?

yeah, they have a Vulcan that's been parked outside for quite a few years, that was a treat being able to walk underneath that beast. The museum is pretty good although i've not got much to compare it to.

Have the say it was refreshing to be able to walk right up and touch these planes (phantom, Jaguar, Harrier, Lightning) I've never been in the RAF so it's a treat for me to get close to stuff i've only really seen on the net or in books when i was a kid…….I had a good time if you haven't already got the point 😀

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Amazing phot's, i would expect some of those to be on glossy a2 prints they are that good!

tempted to get a canvas of one, no joke !

Fourcrossjohn, email me if you want a full size jpeg, i'm not a pro photographer so i'm not going to get prissy about it, you just have to send me a picture of it hanging on your wall 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Some photos for the Concorde appreciators’ is closed to new replies.