Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Some people…. (mother inlaw content)
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Me and the wife are going to see Take That at Hampden tomorrow night. This has been planned for months and the mother inlaw agreed to proide childcare. Today she is phoning the wife to say that she doesnt want to look after the kids and would much prefer to go to the concert and that I’m being selfish by wanting to go to the concert and not stay at home with the kids.

Can I shoot her?

thegreatape
    Free Member

😯

I’d bite my mother in laws hand off if she offered a way out of seeing Take That and the TV to myself all evening.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’m thinking that there will be lots of drunken females around to laugh at and after spending all week looking after the kids i need some time away from them.

geoffj

Go with your MIL instead?
    HTH

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So what did the Mrs say?

iDave
    Free Member

Yes, you can shoot her (please do) as long as she’s giving Chris Moyles a big hug at the time

thegreatape
    Free Member

Fair enough

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The missus just relayed messages as she doesnt want to be caught in the crossfire.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

SBZ – I totally agree with your Mother Inlaw, you a selfish shit bag of the highest order.

This has nothing to do with your no show at the coffee shop.

bikebouy
    Free Member

So, we concur then that you are a Take That Fan.. otherwise…

I’d happily shoot myself on that admission..

falkirk-mark

Let her go, my mrs went last night and was 2 and a half hours on the bus(from Falkirk),I do not know what time she got in but I went to my bed after midnight, she did say it was good though.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Send both ladies to the gig, ensure the phone is down and no petrol in the tank. Emigrate while they’re away.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

TSY – I looked into the coffee shop didnt recognise anyone so rather than stand about in the pissing rain I decided to head home. Good effort on the laps that you did though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Of course you didn’t recognise me… I saw you though in your camo trousers! Did you not see the pink carnation?

*flounces*

wallop

I reckon if your missus really wanted to go with you then she’d be putting her foot down on this one 😉

Imagine the brownie points in the bank if you let the MIL go….

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Nope. 😀

My timing was impeccable that day though.

When are you all attempting it again?

wallop

BUt yes, her behaviour is worthy of shooting.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The main problem that I have with it is that i bought and paid for both of the tickets. The second biggest problem is that it will have been 3 or 4 years since me and the wife had a night out by ourselves without kids.

wallop

Stand your ground then. Make this point to your MIL and don’t let yourself be bullied by her!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

We were just walking into the coffee shop as you rode buy… we’d driven past you as you were riding away from AS… which was why I noticed you.

Too late to join us all at AS… too early to join us for a coffee!

Think they’re planning September. Shouldn’t think I’ll be up there for it.

Back to the topic… do you really want to go and see TT?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Ah right.

I want a night out with the wife.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Make a trade with the MiL then… she goes to see TT with the mrs on the condition that she pays for the ticket, then babysists, so that you two can go out for a nice meal…

That’s what I’d do..

TooTall
    Free Member

Find someone else to look after the kids – pay them if you have to.

Then thank the MIL for her 11th hour change of plans and tell her she isn’t needed now and you’re going out as planned. Enjoy.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Tootall – I think I might just do that.

Danny79
    Free Member

She’s out of order no doubt but I’d not want to go.

She pays for tickets and owes you a weekend of watching the kids. Take your wife away for a weekend?

I really wouldn’t want to be any where near the drunken mess that the gig will be.

convert

2nd, get someone else in. Chalk it up as a -1 in the “owe you one” stakes and then either let her down at the last minute with a promised bit of DIY etc or just feel smug whilst being the bigger person. Whichever makes her feel the most cheap.

edit – you might have to bang on about how good it was and maybe break into TT song and dance routines when she is next about to rub it in. This might increase her worries about her daughter’s choice of chap and her wonder about which side you secretly bat for.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i would pay someone to get out of going personally
    I would haggle for a good deal of her buying the ticket. some babysitting and whatever else your spiteful rage can come up with.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

When are you all attempting it again?

No idea as yet. I’m thinking it’ll be sept though as August is busy for me. Plus we usually have nice weather then! I’ll let you (and everyone else) know when we’ve re-arranged something.

BTW, I’m doing the Bishopton TT on 16 July if you fancy a further afield TT? It’ll be my first so you can laugh at me!

project
    Free Member

Who is your favourite in TAKE THAT.

LOL.

totalshell

cant really make a call without pics of MIL

falkirk-mark

I would tell her to beat it and to show there is no hard feelings take her on the next family trip to the zoo. 👿

Cougar

Tell the MIL you’d be happy to sell her the tickets for the going rate on ebay.

The missus just relayed messages as she doesnt want to be caught in the crossfire.

This is your problem, right here. HTH. She’s your wife’s mother, not yours, your wife should be taking responsibility for the cheeky cow rather than giving it the gallic shrug. I fail to see how it’s in any way your problem.

Tell your wife that you’d be happy to go with the MIL instead of her, see how she likes them apples.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You got the details of that one?

falkirk-mark

Tell your wife that you’d be happy to go with the MIL instead of her, see how she likes them apples.

What happens when she calls yer bluff on that one.

Cougar

What happens when she calls yer bluff on that one.

I’m wise to the female Take That gland. There’s more chance of me growing a second willy.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I dimly recall SBZ having posted a few other ‘I don’t get on too well with my mother-in-law’ threads before. Do you have a history of sorting things out with her? How have comparable ‘issues’ been resolved/not resolved before?

No advice to offer that hasn’t already been posted, but how different would the replies be if SBZ had just said ‘gig’ rather than who the ‘artists’ are? 😆

BTW, 4 years, 😯 .

scu98rkr
    Free Member

The problem is for your first night out in years alone you’ve arranged to go to a take that concert.

Now you might have done this because you knew your wife wanted to go and your being extra kind (or because you have some kind of man crush on gary), but the problem is your MIL will assume you dont really want to go.

If it was a meal or something I doubt the MIL would be asking to come.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

JW – I hate the witch with a passion. Only person who i hate more is her husband. No chance of sorting any issues out ever.

Yip – 3 or 4 years. We’ve been busy and those things kind of took a back seat.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

cheeky mare!!
    Next time she’s going on holiday and your due to take her to the airport turn up at hers in your bermudas with an inflatable ring. Demand that she takes you to the airport and lets you go on her holiday instead.

That’ll learn her

+1 for getting another babysitter in and making a point of her dropping you in it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Some people…. (mother inlaw content)’ is closed to new replies.