Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Some good news (U2 content)
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30654731 😉

must of been a hell of a crash, anyone got any details?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quite a crash that riding in Central Park. I didn’t even know he played Guitar, always thought that was Edge’s domain.

PrinceJohn

a high-energy bicycle accident when he attempted to avoid another rider

what on earth is a high energy bicycle accident?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Three_Fish
    Free Member

Which part of that is the good news?

DezB
    Free Member

I didn’t even know he played Guitar

Didn’t take much of a search:

So we’re allowed to enjoy other people’s life changing injuries on here now? Must remember that.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I can’t stand them or him but I really don’t see how life changing injuries are anything to celebrate or laugh about.

BoardinBob

I can’t stand them or him but I really don’t see how life changing injuries are anything to celebrate or laugh about.

+1

stumpy01

Blimey, I wonder how he managed to do this much damage:

….broke his arm in six places and fractured his eye socket, hand and shoulder blade in what he called a “freak accident” in New York.

…while “attempting to avoid another rider”!?

jambalaya
    Free Member

He was riding in central park, there is quite a lot of stuff you could crash into, railings, kerb, bollards etc and a few hills to build up some speed on.

@DezB whenever I have seen U2 videos Bono is just lording it up as the front man, no guitar in hand.

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey, I wonder how he managed to do this much damage…

I reckon it was probably the crash.

verses

Bono continued: “Recovery has been more difficult than I thought. As I write this, it is not clear that I will ever play guitar again. The band have reminded me that neither they nor western civilization are depending on this.

He and the rest of the band appear to be able to see some humour in it 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow the stw does it again, I find amusing that he may not be able to play guitar again, not his life changing injuries. Are we ignoring 😉 now ???

If there are new rules in the playground can we all see them?

As said above he and the band seem to be able to laugh at it.

😉 😳 🙁 😐

maxtorque

Whilst i’m not one to wallow in others misfortune, he does come across as a bit of a self obsessed tit. I mean, he fell off a bike and broke some bones, happens every day to people with a lot less money and much worse doctors, and yet he’s apparently “unable to move” or something.
    He should take a look at Martyn Ashton’s lot and then see how he feels………

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Bone sticking through a leather jacket – I smell shite.

DezB
    Free Member

Are you new here, Pigface?

Pigface
    Free Member

Appears so Dez? Why do you ask?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

OP, your post did come across as having a laugh at the incident. Having to deduce that you were referring to the reduced chances of him ever playing guitar again would be to imply you had a level of subtlety never before observed in your posting history.

kelvin

Good news?!

I hope it never happens to you.

Pigface
    Free Member

DD I love you and want you babies 😆 you cheeky scamp x x

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The Irish rocker spoke this week about being on painkillers for weeks

Speaking from experience, this means he’s going to find it incredibly difficult and painful to (ahem) “shift product”…

MoreCashThanDash

I’m more shocked to discover Bono and U2 appear to be able to laugh at themselves.

Hope he recovers enough to get back to his version of normality.

DezB
    Free Member

Appears so Dez? Why do you ask?

You must know by now, dark humour is frowned upon 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Dez

You must know by now, dark humour is frowned upon

Yes, it appears mostly by you 😉 😉 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

This is an extremely rare occurrence, but for once, I agree with one of Mr woppits posts. I have been backed up for about four weeks now, thanks to codeine sodding phosphate. As regards the OP, I don’t think he was laughing at the fact that Bono had an accident, I feel it was a (justified) poke at the fact that the general public will no longer have to put up with the U2 frontman’s axe wizardry. As regards Bono’s injuries, I would just add ‘stop whinging you girl’. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t you wink at me. I’ll poke yer eye out.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I have been backed up for about four weeks now, thanks to codeine sodding phosphate.

It gave me some small insight into what is known as “women’s pain of childbirth”.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Everything gets compared to childbirth. Following a recent operation to pin and plate my wrist, I asked for some PRN analgesia as I was getting break through pain, which was met with ‘you don’t know what real pain is unless you’ve given birth’. Not sure what my response to this was supposed to be, perhaps an apology for not owning a fanjo?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

To be fair, the condition we’re discussing does have a certain analogous quality to the aforementioned exit eruption.

ampthill

Poor taste from the OP

and one suspects cowardice from a regular rather than a newbie

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Some good news (U2 content)’ is closed to new replies.