Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Some FOD action (Gopro content)
  • tollah
    Free Member

Mincing around some lesser known parts of the FOD yesterday riding some superb trails. Thing is the Gopro flattens them out a bit!
    Enjoy:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbs6fZbSjFo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

jimster
    Free Member

Looks great, any chance of tagging along next time the Knights of Niche ride FoD?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

is the go pro mounted upside down??

tazzymtb

nice to see the maverick getting a day out tollah, I’ve never seen you geared before (I thought it was all malicious rumor that you had a bike with a gear dangler on it) 😀

singlespeedstu

Is the music to cover up the sound of creaking?

Nice filming at 11.30 odd where you appear to turn into a better rider* for a few seconds. 😉

*on a different bike too.

tollah
    Free Member

Jimster, yes but yesterday wasn’t a KON ride. The KON don’t ride that regularly in the FOD as we live all over! Mail me one day when you have a spare weekend day and we’ll sort something.
    Geordiemick, no it right way up but I’m toying with the idea as some of the shots just aren’t high enough for my liking.
    Tazzy, mmmmmmmmmm hangs head in shame it was another shake down ride on the Mav before she hits the Alps over the next few weeks 😉

tollah
    Free Member

🙄 @ Stu LOL

singlespeedstu

8)

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Tollah turn it upside down and select the UPD function, now it will pivot from the top and allow you to ‘lift’ the camera up to make it level and get more of the trail view in and your handlebars will be at bottom of picture and not so dominant

tollah
    Free Member

I’ll be doing that on the next outing GM, cheers

tazzymtb

tollah if it’s ok I’ll mail you when you are back from pukka big hilly alpy things, I could do with a good mince* 🙂

*ssStu has offered to take me into the woods and let me play with his fat front while he moshes my funny shaped ring as well, but I’m a bit scared

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ssshhh 😉

tollah
    Free Member

Sounds like a spiffing good plan old bean

Don’t worry Swede, I won’t be giving it away 😉 or were you referring to the amount of mince you spilled yesterday?

singlespeedstu

Don’t be scared Taz.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Does anyone else find youtube virtually unwatchable (vimeo is fine)?

Good looking trails BTW.

whiter74
    Free Member

rode them aswell yesterday, it sure was slick in the morning all the way down to the river.

tazzymtb

Don’t be scared Taz.

it’s only ‘cos i might like it

tollah
    Free Member

whiter74, I think it’d have been slightly better a little drier, sure was slippy out there ;-0

whiter74
    Free Member

yep some great trails over there, like you said some lesser known parts of the FOD and some of the best.

tollah
    Free Member

some lesser known parts of the FOD and some of the best.

Lets hope it stays that way 😉

whiter74
    Free Member

Damn right

zangolin
    Free Member

Bit of a coincidence – having a bit of a trail scout on foot this afternoon and walked down the very same track between 2 and 3 mins on the video. Mass of stuff hidden in that area of the Dean. Much of it down to the MTB media types 😉

psling
    Free Member

At about 3 minutes in you’d be able to look left and see my house 😉 Looks like you had great fun.

Much of it down to the MTB media types

Did you do the infamous night enduro zangolin?

AlexSimon

Looks great! Apart from the SRAM paddles, I could be looking at my own bike!

tollah
    Free Member

Why wasn’t the kettle on the Peter?

SRAM? Wash your mouth out! Its XTR 🙂

psling
    Free Member

It’ll be on next time 8) I was slobbing out being wined and dined by my girls on Sunday.

Those trails are right on my doorstep (can literally access them without riding along tarmac) but I’m too much of a mincer to fully appreciate them 😳

franki
    Free Member

Superb video! If you can suss pointing the camera up a tad, it’d be perfect!
    I must get back down the FOD again soon. I’ve uncovered some ace trails, but there’s obviously loads I’ve yet to ride! 😀

martinh
    Free Member

12 minutes of staring at the top of a DUC is more than enough

tollah
    Free Member

You’re lucky you only had 12mins, I’ve got to put-up with it all the time.
    Camera will be sorted on he next trip, it’s loads better than my last try but still needs a couple more degrees.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi Tollah nice video anychance of telling us where the trail starts please.I did give you those hose guides once 😆

psling
    Free Member

Ah, but he’s seamlessly joined a couple of trails that start a couple of miles or so apart into the first part of that footage 😯

tollah
    Free Member

Dobie, I can’t tell you but happy to show you one day, providing it stays private 😉 one thing to note, they’re steep and techy in places, like nothing else down those parts you may know.
    Oh and there’s several trails in the bid not just the one!

amt27
    Free Member

nice stuff, I live/ride in the FoD and don’t recognise these tracks, are they over Staunton way, boy?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi ok they would stay private.Not worryed about steep or techy can ride down most things.Done a fair few mountains in my time.Crazy descents so the Forest should be fine.Said to my mate today wondered if it was Staunton way?

jimster
    Free Member

Watching this again, funny how the trails seem to be getting well established AND the fallen trees seem to show the flow of the trail?

[/cynic] 😕

lohis
    Free Member

Hi – great vid – they are great trails, but that’s partly because of all of the work and maintenance that goes into them – is it a slippery slope where videos etc lead to them being included on a map handed out at the Cycle Centre?

Is it worth keeping them under our hats rather than posting videos online?

tollah
    Free Member

Absolutely right lohis, that’s why none of us will ever tell anyone on line or draw a map to the trails. We respect the work that’s gone in and wouldn’t want the trails worn out like some of the others in the area.

zangolin
    Free Member

Hi – great vid – they are great trails, but that’s partly because of all of the work and maintenance that goes into them – is it a slippery slope where videos etc lead to them being included on a map handed out at the Cycle Centre?

Interested to know which trails you reckon have been include on a map handed out at the cycle centre apart from the “official” marked trails?

lohis
    Free Member

cheers tollah.

Hi zangolin – I wasn’t meaning to give a precise example. I just know that the everyone who keeps those trails running as they do wouldn’t be that pleased if they just became an unofficial extension of the well known forest trails. I know a video with no obvious signs etc won’t do that on its own and tollah won’t say where they are, which is great.

It might sound a bit odd, but ultimately its a case of getting out what you put in – if you go to Pedalaway and buy the carparking ticket and use the cafe,etc then that all helps fund the maintenance needed to keep those trails running.

The guys who maintain those trails in the vid get good riding on their doorstep – and that’s the deal – they’re giving up their afternoons trail building so they have great trails.

tollah
    Free Member

Lohis you’re bang on, we tend to fix stuff as we see it but in fairness don’t get involved in building. If they/you need a hand in future I’m happy to put some time in and get digging etc. email in profile.
    And the video was edited in such a way that I didn’t give anything away. Oh and we did park at the cyclecenter so funded those trails too 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Some FOD action (Gopro content)’ is closed to new replies.