Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 588 total)
  • SOME dog owners make me very angry…..
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Serious look in that dogs eye.

nealglover
    Free Member

Here is a chance to sort things out.
    Just explain to me how I should have interpreted that statement then.
    Explain exactly what you meant please.

TandemJeremy – Member
    Neal – If the statement I had made meant anything like what you claim it does then you would have a point. Unfortunately for you it does not.

And yet you pass up a chance to explain what it does mean ??

Just explain where I got it wrong and that will be it.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Na – I’m getting bored now

I just ran that through Google Translate and it said “I’m accepting defeat”

Tiger6791

Verdict!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5tzTdvSqI[/video]

No animals were harmed in the making of this video

zbonty

What LHS said.

Can’t be arsed to read the previous 10 pages.

BoardinBob

Tandem Jeremy » …..

Please acccept your legal responsibilities and control it

Accept your legal responsibilities? When will you accept yours, you sanctomonious prat of a man

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/red-light-jumper-8am-victoria-road-glasgow/page/3#post-543061

TandemJeremy – Member
    I jump red lights when it is safer for me to do so than to wait for the green

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/some-cyclists-make-my-blood-boil/page/2#post-471069

TandemJeremy – Member
    I jump red lights when it is safer for me to do so than to wait for the green

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/700-fine-for-brighton-cyclist/page/2#post-1316166

TandemJeremy – Member
    There are a small number of junctions where I cross on red

etc etc

So you’re quite happy to dodge your “legal responsibility” when it suits your own personal agenda and you make up some paper thin sob story about safety because you’re a crap cyclist that can’t handle busy traffic?

user-removed
    Free Member

Tiger’s dog defeats internet arguers in video shocker.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup – what other person have I affected there? and if prosecuted I would not bleat.
    What relevance that has to this situation I don’t know.

ski
    Free Member

Is this someone from here I wonder?

😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ySdWO8WdI[/video]

prezet
    Free Member

What relevance that has to this situation I don’t know.

I think he means that you’re quite happy to preach legal obligations to others, yet seem unable to abide by them yourself.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

As self-appointed arbiter – and in the interests of seasonal good will to all men – may I suggest we forget that someone ever mentioned (or maybe didn’t) that dog owners have a legal responsibility to stop crotch sniffing. Put it down as an aberration of the internet. We otherwise all seem to be in agreement on this topic, which would be a nice way to wrap it up (seasonal pun intended).

Tiger6791

I could ask Murphy again but he’s asleep now.

anagallis_arvensis

Ski it isnt me. My dog would have caught and killed one before the road! Actually will be there on boxing dsy thing dog will be on a lead!

nacho
    Free Member

OK I haven’t read much more than the first page so might get flamed but tough. IMHO the OP has every right to ask the owner to call back the dog. My little girl was bitten in the face by a friends dog when she was two. I have managed to get her used to a couple of friends dogs and she is fine and comfortable with them. However she is scared of big strange dogs. I don’t blame her – I might be scared if a carnivorous animal much bigger and heavier than me came running over to me. Dogs in public area’s should be under control. Simple. Unless you are a dog loving child hater or a troll.

donsimon
    Free Member

I love these dog threads.

TandemJeremy – Member

richc — why the personal abuse? Because you have lost the debate?

TandemJeremy – Member

Richc you realy are pathetic and laughable. really 🙄
    I assume everyone’s in a heavy breathing sweaty mess just getting breath back for the evening entertainment.
    Has anyone won yet?

nealglover
    Free Member

As self-appointed arbiter – and in the interests of seasonal good will to all men – may I suggest we forget that someone ever mentioned (or maybe didn’t) that dog owners have a legal responsibility to stop crotch sniffing. Put it down as an aberration of the internet.

Ok, in the interest of Seasonal Harmony (and to save TJ having to admit he was wrong) 

I’ll agree that nobody said this:

An when they weren’t saying it, they didn’t mean what they actually meant. 

And furthermore, they didn’t try and prove it was true for a while, before realising it was hopeless and changing their tune by saying they didn’t mean it and it was all made up etc*

Is that better :mrgreen:

(*which it was, as nobody said it, right?)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I did say that which is quite correct.

What I didn’t say, which is what you claimed, is that there is a law against dogs sniffing around! Not the same as what I posted

You do have a legal obligation under various bits of law to keep your dog under control which would stop it from bothering me. if you do that then there will be no problems and the dog will not have an opportunity to stick its nose where it is not wanted.

see – simple isn’t it – even a dog could understand 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

Stand away from the keyboard TJ FFS

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What I didn’t say, which is what you claimed, is that there is a law against dogs sniffing around! Not the same as what I posted

Shocking isn’t it. I can’t see how anyone could have inferred that!

nealglover
    Free Member

You do have a legal obligation under various bits of law to keep your dog under control which would stop it from bothering me.[/B]

No it wouldn’t. you said you don’t want peoples dogs sniffing you.:

No law says I cant let my dog wander over to you and sniffing you.

So no, it won’t stop you being “bothered”

Yes it will.

The laws only says the dog is considered to be “dangerously out of control” (the exact wording of the offence)

if it has injured someone,

or if there is Reasonable belief that it will.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why do yu have to try to distort what i say?

neal
    you said you don’t want peoples dogs sniffing you.

why should I have to accept your dog coming up to me and sniffing me?

???? see those words in bold? makes a differnce 🙄 😛 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

Is the no walk zone a specified and clearly marked distance? Do the dog owners have to guess at which point you consider a dog to be simply passing? What are the give away signs that help you determine whether the dog is going to sniff your crotch in a manner that causes offence or is simply going to aggressively ignore you?

Frankers
    Free Member

I’m a dog owner and am happy with my dog but most other dogs are a pain in the ass……

If I see that someone especially a child doesn’t like dogs I always pull him back in on the lead as to not offend.

If Jeremy doesn’t want dogs coming and sniffing round him that’s his prerogative, but…. though if he says Leicester Tigers are “cheating bastards” again I’m setting my dog on him to give his crotch a good lick/sniffing !!

donsimon
    Free Member

If Jeremy doesn’t want dogs coming and sniffing round him that’s his prerogative, but…

As it is anyone’s, but TJs failing is that he refuses to tell anyone that he is scared and simply expects that everyone else will cater to his fear. My dog would be let off her lead to run freely through the fields, upon seeing someone she would be returned to the lead. What I don’t know I TJs level of fear at various distances because he won’t communicate it. At 200m I would consider the dog to have been a safe distance yet TJ could possibly be having kittens, calling the police and trying to have me charged…. It’s absurd…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

TJ could possibly be having kittens, calling the police and trying to have me charged

I’m only skimming this thread, but what’s this? TJ is charging you to sniff his crotch?

I was going to ask how much, but realised that that doesn’t matter

nealglover
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Why do yu have to try to distort what i say?

neal
    you said you don’t want peoples dogs sniffing you.
    why should I have to accept your dog coming up to me and sniffing me?

???? see those words in bold? makes a differnce

No.

Thay make no difference whatsoever.

As a dog owners LEGAL obligation, is to make sure their dog is not Dangerously out of Control

Their legal responsibility is Not to make sure their dog doesn’t

“come up to you and sniff you”
    Do you Seriously not understand the difference between

“Dangerously out of Control”

and

“Wandering up to people and sniffing them”

because if you dont, I can see whay you think dog owners are breaking the law 😯

Cougar

If a dog comes charging up to me, is it my responsibility to ascertain whether I’m going to get ignored, covered in drool, or bitten?

The OP’s original complaint (remember that?) was that his small child was (rightly or wrongly) scared of the big dog. It’s intent isn’t relevant, IMHO. The dog owner needs to observe Wheaton’s Law.

buttercup
    Free Member

How is this still going on?
    Stop wasting company money.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nealglover You really are a bit odd. why all the ranting? why this need to totally distort what I say / invent things you claim I say to make some sort of spurious odd point?

As I told you before. there is the civil wrong of “dog not under proper control / close control” and the criminal offence of “dog dangerously out of control”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don Simon – It nothing to do with fear. Its a dislike . I don’t like dogs, they smell, they slobber and I don’t want them near me.

I don’t ask anything of you that is not your legal obligation – keep it under control, train it properly.

simple

donsimon
    Free Member

Don Simon – It nothing to do with fear. Its a dislike . I don’t like dogs, they smell, they slobber and I don’t want them near me.

I know, and that’s what makes your position even more absurd. You sit there citing law chapter and verse telling people their obligations simply because you don’t like something. Life must be hell..
    Hours of entertainment though…

nealglover
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Nealglover You really are a bit odd. why all the ranting? why this need to totally distort what I say / invent things you claim I say to make some sort of spurious odd point?
    As I told you before. there is the civil wrong of “dog not under proper control / close control” and the criminal offence of “dog dangerously out of control”

Why do you keep accusing me of “Ranting”

You are not the only person on this forum who is allowed to post you know.

Is it just that if someone disagrees with you, you have to accuse them of “ranting” ?

My points are perfectly clear. And I’m perfectly calm.

You simply ignore all my points, and accuse me of ranting and twisting your words.

I have done no twisting of words, I have quoted you by cut and paste every time.

You just don’t seem to be able to answer my questions 🙄
    (you haven’t even attempted to)
    I’ll just have to presume that’s because you are wrong, and just don’t like having it spelled out so clearly.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don – thing is all the decent dog owners on here understand their obligations. Its not rocket science. its not an absurd position to want them to train their dos properly and keep them under control. a few mnore dead dogs would concentrate their minds I guess 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Neal – you continually distort what I say. 🙄

How can I answer something when want you claim I said is not what I have said? really – its very odd.

Have you stopped beating your wife yet? answer that

donsimon
    Free Member

Don – thing is all the decent dog owners on here understand their obligations

Not sure why you think you need to tell me that, can’t you see the absurdity of having to rely on a law simply because of a dislike?
    I’m not particulary keen on people wearing Homer Simpson ties in the office. Is there a law? No. Do I worry? No.
    If you had a genuine fear/phobia, as someone I know has after being attacked by two rotties, and could prove that a particular individual was harassing you after being told of your genuine fear, then yes use the law to protect. For a simple dislike??? For the love of god TJ…
    I don’t like 29ers…
    Plastic pop bands… I hate… Where’s my protection?
    I’m not particularly keen on yellow jumpers either.
    People that look at me in a funny way make me feel uncomfortable…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I want to go about my daily life without tyou dog botering me – thats my right. You keep your welkl trained dog under control and it does not bother me. everyone is happy.

donsimon
    Free Member

You just keep your noisy motorbike away from ears and your tandem off the trails I travel and just be sure that you do absolutely nothing to interfere in my life. It’s my right to go about my daily life without being bothered.

And just for the record TJ, have a read if you want, you’ll find that as an owner of proper dangerous dogs I am one of the most responsible owners out there.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I have done no twisting of words, I have quoted you by cut and paste every time.

It’s deja vu all over again.

neal, can i just lend you my support and urge you to keep going as long as you can. I’ve just had a similar discussion on the Christianity thread. It’s unhelpful when other folks snipe and accuse you of not letting go. The thing is TJ continually has these kinds of discussions, in which he ducks and swerve, avoids direct questions and continually accuses you of misquoting him, yet never takes the opportunity to clarify. Instead he repeats statements which you find unproblematic, as though you had trouble understanding them. It’s like trying to stab a snake with a pitchfork. Good luck to you, unfortunately i fear he will wear you down. I’m not entirely sure why he does it, well, I have an idea, but i don’t really understand why he does it as often as he does. What is clear though, is that he is very at expressing himself as folks often appear to misunderstand his intent. Stay strong, mon brave

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I don’t know why people get so up their own backsides when you tackle them about their dogs, my neighbors got a rescue dog that constantly barked day & night, I politely had a word with them about it and they were apologetic explaining it had a hard life etc boohoo, they told me they would do something about it and were taking it to dog training classes, however as time went on there was a slight improvement but we were more often than not woken by their barking mutt, so I went around again only to be met by the hostile wife saying what should I expect dogs bark, anyway after a few choice words I started keeping a diary and contacted the council after they had a letter from the council the barking improved dramatically, funny that eh! Anyhow everytime I now go out to my car or on my drive fettling with my bikes or arriving home from work the bloody dog is in their lounge window barking at me, they are in the lounge and do nothing to stop their Ferrell mutt doing this, why should I have their bloody dog impacting on my life, I will be have more words with them, matters weren’t helped by there son who is rather flamboyant and very out if you get my meaning decided to stay up late on a school night keeping my children awake, so words were said and ignored so I soaked him and his mates with my hosepipe which didn’t go down to well, I explained its better than me knocking his block off. I think some people are just inconsiderate and having a dog gives them more of an excuse to be major pains in the arse. I think every time the dogs barks at me on my drive I will go and bang on their window until they get the message.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Charlie

I have not been ducking swerving and avoiding direct questions here. Neal really does continually take something I say and twist it into another meaning – therefore when He says ” why do you claim this” my only answer is “I didn’t say that” Because what he keeps claiming I said I never have.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘SOME dog owners make me very angry…..’ is closed to new replies.