Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 588 total)
  • SOME dog owners make me very angry…..
  • richc
    Free Member

TJ do you have alzheimer’s? as you seem to have forgotten what you have posted earlier on this thread.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am laughing at the pathetic little keyboard warriors witheir weird fantasies.

anagallis_arvensis

Richc – why do you keep repeating this hysterical exaggeration of what I have said?

could it have something to do with your equally hysterical view about what constitutes a dangerously out of control dog.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No rich – I know exactly what I said – and what yo claim I have said is not what I have said

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I am laughing at the pathetic little keyboard warriors witheir weird fantasies.

Yep. Trolling. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Richc – why do you keep repeating this hysterical exaggeration of what I have said?

could it have something to do with your equally hysterical view about what constitutes a dangerously out of control dog.

Oh look – another one. quote my post please? with the “hysterical view about what constitutes a dangerously out of control dog.”

binners

Do you know what this is…..

nealglover
    Free Member

Oh look – another one. quote my post please?

I did.

A few posts back.

But you chose to ignore it.

richc
    Free Member

My point about calling the dog warden is this TJ, your view of out of control seems to different from the rest of the rational population.

If you call someone employed to manage these matters, they will be able to explain to you that sniffing, does not constitute out of control. Rather than you working yourself up into a lather everything this comes up.

I know your not keen on facts, however in this case it may save you from having a stroke due to the stress of reading about peoples dogs in the future.

I apologise if this rational comment, interrupts your rabid ranting and disturbing views.

binners

Its an Eternal Circle BTW. Nice innit?

prezet
    Free Member

I did.
    A few posts back.
    But you chose to ignore it.

Ditto, I sense a theme… but I’m having fun imagining TJ frothing at the keyboard.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Neal prezet – and it was obvious nonsense. what I posted and what you claimed I did are clearly not the same thing. can you read?

do you understand I am laughing at you? Your desperate attempts to discredit me by manufacturing hysterical interpretation of what I say?

richc
    Free Member

Ditto, I sense a theme… but I’m having fun imagining TJ frothing at the keyboard.

I would love to meet him, and get my dog to pee on his shoes 😉 on command of course (so still in control)

thegreatape
    Free Member

This is the best dog thread ever. FACT.

Cougar

No one wants to see dogs intimidating children

I’ll confess that I’ve only scan-read parts of this thread, but there did seem to be a few posts alluding to “it’s not intimidating, it’s only a dog, maybe your daughter needs to DogTFU and you should reassure her better.” I could be wrong though, I’m busy here so not wholly paying attention.

When I see a bike I put my dog back on her lead

Cool, thank you. Anecdotally, you appear to be in the minority though, most people I need when out riding either don’t know what to do or don’t care. It doesn’t even need to be on a lead, so long as it’s not ricocheting around like a pinball on Haribo. “Sit” would be lovely.

(As an aside, a really common thing I see is for the owner to wait until I’m right along side the dog before they think that they should perhaps do ‘something,’ and calling the dog so that it barrels across the track inches in front of me. I’ve nearly Damien Hirst’ed them on more than one occasion.)

prezet
    Free Member

Your desperate attempts to discredit me by manufacturing hysterical interpretation of what I say?

I think you’re doing that all by yourself – we’re just quoting your posts…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

You’ve been trolling for the last three pages haven’t you TeeJ?

Me?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

richc – Member
    My point about calling the dog warden is this TJ, your view of out of control seems to different from the rest of the rational population

really? or is anyone who disagrees with you “not rational”

from you posts I imagine you walk your dog wearing a Tshirt that says “touch my dog and I’ll f*ck you up” 😉

LHS
    Free Member

Right, everyone, lighten up it’s Christmas FFS.

The vast majority of dogs are very nice and friendly and should be embraced with open arms, peace and goodwill, just like the majority of human beings.

However, like human beings there are some bad eggs which give the rest of the dog population a bad name, and as such some people are afraid of dogs they don’t know and find them unpredictable.

So, just like you wouldn’t like a random stranger bounding over to you and sniffing your crotch, believe it or not some people don’t like that about dogs, so you need to respect this, irrespective of the law.

So, as a responsible dog owner, you can have your dog off lead and let it run around to your hearts content, but if it starts wandering over to a stranger, use your judgement to see whether that stranger is either bending down, arms wide open to embrace the dog with hugs and kisses, or gently weeping to themselves in fear at said dogs presence.

If the latter, then call your dog to heal immediatly and everyone will be happy. If your dog won’t call to heal immediatly then that is a problem which you should rectify via training or keeping on lead.

Merry Christmas.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

post deleted

*Applauds LHS for a masterly summing up*

thegreatape
    Free Member

If you clarify what you mean by legal responsibilities the circle of monotony might be broken. Evidently your use of this term is being interpreted by some that there is legislation involved in defining these legal responsibilities.

EDIT – Now you’ve edited that doesn’t make sense any more!

prezet
    Free Member

Thank **** for that.

ybot
    Free Member

Dig n daft, LHS and of course TJ seem to have it right – not everyone loves dogs which may come as a big surprise to several people on this thread.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Its an Eternal Circle BTW. Nice innit?

Ouroboros

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Agnostic dyslexic Insomniac Charlie? Lay awake wondering if there was a dog?

clubber
    Free Member

Ouroboros

Bless you

richc
    Free Member

I feel that saying a dog sniffing around you is ‘out of control’ is irrational. Might just be me though, hence why it might be worth TJ checking the sniffing thing with a dog warden.

from you posts I imagine you walk your dog wearing a Tshirt that says “touch my dog and I’ll f*ck you up”

If someone kicked my dog for sniffing around them, then I suspect that things wouldn’t pan out well, if however someone kicked my dog because it was scaring there child (for something other than being a dog that is) I would be apologising to the parent, and bollocking the dog. Seems like a rational response to me? or am I being unreasonable?

I have to say that in the 3 years I’ve had the dog, I’ve only had 3 incidents which I am embarrassed about, and only one of them was completely my fault (picnic raid in Leigh Woods, out by the viewing station over to the suspension bridge) which considering he is walked for several hours a day doesn’t seem bad. The other two were; a man tried to kick the dog, as it was in the way and a 12 year old boy through his jumper over the dog, who promptly ran off with it, much to the childs mothers annoyance, and who actually screamed at me ‘that could have been a baby!’ to which a random stranger said, ‘does you kid often throw babies to dogs?’ which didn’t help.

I have more issues with kids grabbing him randomly, however he doesn’t seem to mind/blink and just stands there completely still until they let him go, and I seem more bothered than the dog/kids/parents but I guess that’s because I will have to deal with the consequences of him getting jabbed in the eye.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The vast majority of dogs are very nice and friendly and should be embraced with open arms, peace and goodwill, just like the majority of human beings.

However, like human beings there are some bad eggs which give the rest of the dog population a bad name, and as such some people are afraid of dogs they don’t know and find them unpredictable.

So, just like you wouldn’t like a random stranger bounding over to you and sniffing your crotch, believe it or not some people don’t like that about dogs, so you need to respect this, irrespective of the law.

So, as a responsible dog owner, you can have your dog off lead and let it run around to your hearts content, but if it starts wandering over to a stranger, use your judgement to see whether that stranger is either bending down, arms wide open to embrace the dog with hugs and kisses, or gently weeping to themselves in fear at said dogs presence.

If the latter, then call your dog to heal immediatly and everyone will be happy. If your dog won’t call to heal immediatly then that is a problem which you should rectify via training or keeping on lead.

Every post should have a summary as succinct as this at the beginning. We’d all be a lot happier, waste less time and have more time for riding/working/being nice to each other. Merry Chrimble folks

richc
    Free Member

Crotch sniffing is annoying, and LHS pretty much sums up what the dog owners on here are saying nicely, but TJ is talking about sniffing around you in general, hence people’s disbelief.

If TJ attitude was more in line with LHS I suspect these arguments wouldn’t happen

TandemJeremy – Member
    Thats right – I do not want your dog in my space – I want you to control your dog. I do not want the foul smelling, disease carrying thing sniffing around me. If yo met your legal obligations I wouldn’t have to put up with it.

nealglover
    Free Member

Your desperate attempts to discredit me by manufacturing hysterical interpretation of what I say?

Just explain to me. Just for laughs.

I cut and paste every word of your post.

Then I ask a question about it …….

You refuse to answer it for a while.

Then you post something from the Countryside Code, that didn’t help you at all.

Then you attempt again, with a law you thought might fit, but it didn’t.

Only after all that……

You decide my “interpretation” of what you said was wrong ???

(why were you trawling the net looking for laws to back it up for so long, Before you decided you didn’t mean what I though you meant.?)

That’s called “Backtracking”

It’s pretty clear you couldn’t find evidence to back up your claims of dog owners supposed “legal responsibilities” extending as far as you presumed they did.

So you decided to try and weasel out of what you actually said.

Nice try, but it’s as transparent as cling film 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stil whittering on neal?

You made up some ridiculous false interpretation of what I said.

Tiger6791

I’m going to go ask my dog what he thinks. (He’s a Lawyer)

I’ll let you know what he says

nealglover
    Free Member

That’s not a very good explanation TJ.

I think I explained myself fairly well.

(and asked a few more questions you have conveniently ignored)

Saying I’m “whittering on” is just a feeble attempt to discredit me isn’t it ?

What I am actually doing is drawing attention to the fact that you have been caught out talking bollx (again) and you never seem to like that do you.

The best way to avoid it happening in future, is to figure out before you type, if what you are going to say is Bollx or not.

That way, people won’t have to point it out to you later and make you look daft.

richc
    Free Member

Come on Neil, its not really fair to expect TJ to explain, or remember what he posted earlier in the day …………..

and why should he need to, what he just said is always right according to TJ’s Law, even if it contradicts what he said 2 minutes ago.

cookeaa

Sweepstake anyone?

I’m saying this runs to 14 Pages…

nealglover
    Free Member

Tandem Jeremy » …..

Prezet – why should I have to accept your dog coming up to me and sniffing me?
    I don’t like it, I don’t want your dog to do this.
    Please acccept your legal responsibilities and control it.

OK.

Here is a chance to sort things out.

Just explain to me how I should have interpreted that statement then.

Explain exactly what you meant please.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Neal – If the statement I had made meant anything like what you claim it does then you would have a point. Unfortunately for you it does not.

Same with Richc – I have challenged you both on this and neither of yo can produce anything to back up your witterings.

If you invent weird interpretations of what I say you must expect to be laughed at.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member

Sweepstake anyone?

I’m saying this runs to 14 Pages…

Na – I’m getting bored now

Tiger6791

He’s just reading up on it before he makes his judgement

cookeaa

We’ve all been bored for some time now…

Even me and I’m really **** dull…

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 588 total)

The topic ‘SOME dog owners make me very angry…..’ is closed to new replies.