Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Some Disco House music for you…
  • mboy
    Free Member

Made this the other day…

https://soundcloud.com/markbonnes/harmony#play

It is entirely sample based, that is to say, I cut a song (bonus point if you work out the original) to shreds a la Daft Punk or Todd Edwards (ha, yeah, I wish!). No loops, no MIDI, all just an original track cut to pieces and this is my re-interpretation…

Let me know what you think!

stratobiker
    Free Member

I think it sounds great!
    I wanted to hate it ‘cus i’m a guitarist wot plays in a band with real drums an shiz…. but I liked it, a lot!!!

bazwadah
    Free Member

Is it “superstition” by Stevie Wonder? like it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah I caught that mboy, really rather good that!!

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers guys!

Stratobiker, its 100% resampled instruments, no electronic sounds in there. I’ve massaged them more than a bit you might say, but that’s all audio samples of real instruments I’ve cut up and resampled. Maybe that’s why it appeals? Played it to a colleague yesterday, his response was very much like yours. Wanted to dislike it, but really rather liked it!

It’s not Stevie Wonder no, that would be way too obvious! You’ll really need to be a bit of a late 70’s trainspotter to work out where the samples have come from! Though they are easily recognisable if you can work it out.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Yep, like that a lot!

Mooly
    Free Member

Sound’s good. A little rushed in terms of not given the track enough time to naturally develop. But thats just my ears.
    So how do you load something to sound cloud?

acidchunks

not particularly keen. its a bit on the fast side and heavy on the kick drum. reminds me more of hard house than disco house. Sounds like its missing something, a bit of swing in the drums maybe.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Some Disco House music for you…’ is closed to new replies.