Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Solstice Century ride
  • MrSparkle

https://restrap.com/blogs/news/the-restrap-solstice-century-challenge-summer-2022

Anyone joining in? It might give me the kick up the arse to do my first 100 miler of the year. Forecast isn’t looking too clever as yet though.

crazy-legs

I’m currently recovering from a minor operation, been off the bike for nearly 3 weeks so I’m nowhere close to being fit enough for a century ride.

A few years ago, I planned a night-time solstice century starting / finishing at a big stone circle near mine. Was actually all set for it – sunset at the stone circle, straight on the bike and back for sunrise was the plan. And then the weather forecast was rubbish, so on about the Thursday evening I decided against it. Was glad I binned it off, it ended up raining all night and there was no real sunset / sunrise!

I’ve only done one Imperial Century so far this year.

fasthaggis

As close to the Solstice as I can get.
    Double helpings for me
    🙂

Pyro

Shame it’s not the same weekend, I’m (hopefully) riding Ride To The Sun the weekend after that would kill two birds with one stone 🙂

MrSparkle

The Ride to the Sun has been on my radar for a long time. I registered an interest but logistics have kiboshed it yet again, dammit.

MrSparkle

Anyone else still not got their patch from Restrap for doing this or am I just unlucky?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.