Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Solo traveller with bike bag to Morzine
  • matt_outandabout

What’s the easy way to do Scotland to Morzine as a solo traveller with bike bag in tow?

BoardinBob

Edinburgh to Geneva with Easyjet

matt_outandabout

Geneva to Morzine then with whom? Most transfers are private only or won’t run unless minimum number of bookings…

Houns

Taxi or ride yer bike 👍🏻

mehr
    Free Member

I’ve been by train to Geneva (but from London) for £170 return (using sncf not eurostar booking) – I’ve also flown with Easyjet (near double the price once luggage and bike is factored in)

Tbh i’d take the train everytime if the price is right. Mainly as the bike is always in sight and you’re not worried about the baggage handlers smashing it to bits, or Easyjet trying to do you with excess baggage etc..

Edit Transfer prices are ridiculous, if you book a hotel/apartment you can get a discount code for speedy. But you’re probably better hiring a car for a day each way

P-Jay
    Free Member

There are scheduled transfers to Morzine from Geneva. Skiidygonzelez (or words to that affect) are £70 return or so.

Or rent a car.

matt_outandabout

Or rent a car.

He’s only 17 and only passed test three months ago.
    Transfer taxi/bus it is.

NZCol

MorzExpress run shared transfers in the summer , ditto Skiddy either of them work well

oikeith

Most transfers are private only or won’t run unless minimum number of bookings…

worth asking them though, I imagine lots of MTB’ers fly into Geneva most days in the summer so he could just be an extra person on someone elses booking.

Stoner
    Free Member

Alpybus to scheduled service to Morz with £5 charge for the a bagged bike e/w

thegman67

We are £173 return and that includes bike bag with Easyjet from Edinburgh. Private transfer for us but we could have done a shared transfer for €60 p/p

P-Jay
    Free Member

Also, if he’s a 17yo solo traveller (you’re braver than me) you could do worse than going with Alpine Elements, they offer shared accom, half-board with guiding and transfers

matt_outandabout

@P-Jay – he is staying with riding friend who is working the season out there. Brave, yes. But he is a good un, as is his mate and the employer, so it seems reasonable judgement…

matt_outandabout

Oh, and the alternative was go to NZ to my brother and a pal for three weeks in October/November…

nickjb
    Free Member

he is staying with riding friend who is working the season out there.

I’d speak to that friend. He must know some transfer drivers and they may pick up one extra for beer money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Solo traveller with bike bag to Morzine’ is closed to new replies.