Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Solo summer night rides
  • Cheezpleez

Aren’t they great?

I’ve just got back from a couple of hours in the Surrey hills – Three Amigos, Golden Nugget, Abba Zabba, etc for anyone who’s interested – and it was fabulous. Just riding at my own pace on dry-ish trails, going for flow rather than flat out speed.

Saw two badgers, one of which was completely oblivious and bumbled along right beside me for about 15 ft before realising I was there, as well as a heron and numerous bunnies and bats.

It’s rides like this that remind me how beautiful the countryside is round here and what a lucky sod I am to be able to enjoy it on my bike while everyone else is sitting at home watching telly.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

chojin
    Free Member

Good effort, squire!

Slightly jealous as all I’ve managed over the last few weeks is non-stop painting/decorating.
    No riding for me 🙁

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Totally agree… best of all is when there’s a full moon and you can ride sections of trail by moonlight alone.

martymac

night riding rocks, no question about it.
    everywhere is quieter, the lack of light makes even the tamest of trails feel like fort bill, its not too warm, and the possibilities of seeing/hearing wildlife/monsters is dramatically increased.

dawson

I got hit in the nuts by a bat on last nights ride!

Cheezpleez

There’s so much wildlife around at dusk and I love that you can inadvertently creep up on it on a bike and both get a surprise. 8)

Cheezpleez

Ha! Cross post. That wasn’t meant to be a response to Dawson

martymac

yeah, my mate got hit in the chest by a bat last summer.
    i regularly see them flying along just above my head at dusk.
    what a privilege to see them, so many people these days never see things like that, i actually feel sorry for them.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup sublime conditions yesterday evening and every section open (Cannock)

dawson

Haha, LOL @cheesepleez!

towen
    Free Member

Totally love them; i took in a whole host of new trails last night and was at the top of Watership down as the sun started going down. Epic views.

cycling along the Wayfarer’s way is pretty awesome as you get grat views across to the ridgeway, Highclere castle etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Solo summer night rides’ is closed to new replies.