Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Solo camping – am I a big softie >
  • jam-bo

To avoid any confrontation issues with landowners, it might be worth looking for small camping sites, with maybe some very basic amenities. I found one in South Devon which had a very small toilet block with two loos and hand basins, and a standpipe in a small section of hedge dividing it into two, cost £10/night, I stayed there fro nine nights, mostly entirely on my own, in October, and it was brilliant.

Or just head up onto the moors,  vast swathes of dartmoor, wild camping is perfectly legal.

spooky_b329

My first experience of bivvying was on the South Downs, with an amazing lightning storm raging on the horizon in all directions.  Stayed dry for us…I suspect we will never have that luck again!

Last time I was disturbed in the night, I was in my camper and had been asleep about an hour.  Its a big van, but it started lurching about and I could think of nothing else but someone standing on the back step of the van up to no good. (which was strange as we were on a rural campsite)  I stood on the bed and got my shoulders out the rooflight and peered over the back, to find some ponies in the campsite.  One was having a good scratch against the van!

joshvegas
    Free Member

(which was strange as we were on a rural campsite)

You’ve never seen the young farmers in full swing have you?

dudeofdoom

where do you poo?

same place as bears obvs.

I think you normally carry a little potting spade an dig a little hole squat an wipe an put paper in hole an fill hole in.

Don’t fall in hole or it kinda ruins your day.

Or alternatively use the toilet block an grab a refreshing shower as well.

(IMHO shtting outdoors overrated)

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Solo camping – am I a big softie >’ is closed to new replies.