Solo Air RL Sektor's (Owners) – Any good?

Home Forum Bike Forum Solo Air RL Sektor's (Owners) – Any good?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Solo Air RL Sektor's (Owners) – Any good?
  • daveagiles

How much are they discounted?

A quick search online shows most results over £350.

For less than £300 you can get Revelations. Unless they are a lot less than that you would be mad…

Premier Icon phiiiiil
    Subscriber

I noticed this the other day – I thought the Sektor was introduced as a “mid range” fork, but looking at Merlin and others some Revelations are cheaper! How does that work?

patriotpro

My LBS have just reduced them so am looking to get these as an early Christmas pressie as i’ve been a good boy this year…:) Thanks

patriotpro

dave – they’re now £344 from £380odd…

I know what you’re saying about Revs – the best ones tho ‘Dual-Air Teams’ with 150mm 20mm Maxle are all £600ish even in the ‘sales’…

patriotpro

Phil – It must be the older revs with 140mm (or less) and different, slightly older internals I presume…?

Superficial

Surely the Sektors are a straight replacement for Pikes? As in they’re heavier/ beefier / stiffer than Revs but not ‘worse’ as such.

Having said that, I’d get Revelations for XC or ‘trail’ at the moment. Exception would be a hardcore hardtail or similar.

Mugboo

My mate just bought some 150 revs from Merlin I think, with VIP and quidco discount they were about £300

tony24

Order revs from merlin. Dual air rlt revelations with 150mm travel for 320 odd. Bargain considering there 2012 models as well.

daveagiles

They have sold out fast, but these are the ones which I ordered.

Merlin Cycles

Sign up for the VIP scheme (free) and use Top Cash back (Just to let you know I get something if you use that link) they will be just under £300.

A Bargain!

Anyone know if those Revs come with Spacers to drop the travel? 140mm is as much as I’d put on the Soul.

daveagiles

They come with everything (Including 2 year warranty) other than a shock pump.

I think mine had enough spacers to drop them to 130mm if I wanted.

I’ve got them on my Pitch, no complaints, although occasionaly I can see the benifit of getting them Pushed or upgrading the damper to the dual flow rebound (effectively the same thing). Not all Rev’s are the dual flow rebound damper though, the cheepest ones are essentialy sektors with Rev badges.

Lighter than dual air Rev’s if thats a bonus to you.

The Solo air, is similar to the dual air system, but the -ve is automaticaly set by a bleed past the piston from the +ve. Unless you run a hugely different +ve/-ve pressure in the dual air you wont notice a difference.

Mine came with spacers down to 130mm (and that was OEM on a Pitch).

Superficial – Member
    Surely the Sektors are a straight replacement for Pikes? As in they’re heavier/ beefier / stiffer than Revs but not ‘worse’ as such.

Having said that, I’d get Revelations for XC or ‘trail’ at the moment. Exception would be a hardcore hardtail or similar.

No, it’s the new revelation chassis, with the old Pike/revelation internals (or near enough, might not be exactly the same components, but similar dampers). The lower end sektors use the even cheeper turnkey damper.

So the new Rev’s replace the old Rev’s and the Pike.
    The Sektor replaces the Recon (which was a slightly cheeper Reveltion

daveagiles

I’ve got them on my Pitch, no complaints, although occasionaly I can see the benifit of getting them Pushed or upgrading the damper to the dual flow rebound (effectively the same thing). Not all Rev’s are the dual flow rebound damper though, the cheepest ones are essentialy sektors with Rev badges.

Rockshox webpage shows that all 2012 Revs are DNA and dual flow. Im not sure about the 2011 forks.

retro83

patriotpro – Member

Phil – It must be the older revs with 140mm (or less) and different, slightly older internals I presume…?

Mine are the 2011 RL model from merlin. They have the new damper (dual flow rebound). They came with 140mm travel, but 150mm is just a case of removing a spacer from the air spring (and they came with a spare spacer to take them down to 130 too).

Think I paid just under £300 using the VIP scheme.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Solo Air RL Sektor's (Owners) – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.