Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Soles of my feet hurt while riding, new shoes needed?
  • santac
    Free Member

as above after about 40 minutes the soles of my feet are really painful,I loosen the straps and that relieves them a bit.
    Is it that the sole of the shoe is not stiff enough so I’m starting to feel the pedal? They are shimano MO76

lazybike
    Free Member

Try some inner soles….they can make the shoes a bit tight though.

prezet
    Free Member

I get the same, but I have very flat feet so normally put it down to that. I’ve tried inner soles and found it created pressure points which were extremely painful. Maybe you’re tightening up your shoes too much.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had that in the Alps yonks ago. Thought it was my shoes & bought some new ones over there.
    Made no bloody difference!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I get that too – I think it is because shoes aren’t wide enough, and the fact that loosening your straps helps implies that too.

jonba
    Free Member

What lady gresley says. I would doubt it would be the stiffness or pedal choice. I have owned various brands of shoes and invariably hot spots were caused by poor fit.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I had this issue and I got a pair of wider shoes – problem solved

paver456
    Free Member

i find loosening the straps helps too with mo77 spd shoe

also i try pulling up more on the pedal stroke so it relieves the hot spot at the bottom etc and does work.
    broad feet tight shoes = pain so loser fit seems to work for me.

get it with 5-10’s too and they are wider but i put that down to flaties and poor foot position??

blurty

I’ve had this problem recently, tired some old shoes that I had, tried moving the cleat, nothing worked.

I have some moulded insoles for my ski boots and I tried putting them in my shoes – perfect! Problem solved.

The ski insoles were quite expensive (Conformable I think). Superfeet get good write-ups, available from some outdoor type shops

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Soles of my feet hurt while riding, new shoes needed?’ is closed to new replies.