Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sold item Ebay, buyer wants to collect, poss to delete carriage from paypal?
  • dnhross

Hi

Sold a bike on Ebay, buyer wants to collect and hence save the postage. However, he needs to pay via paypal.

Does anyone know how i can amend the automatic paypal amount when he comes to pay to be minus the postage?

Thanks

amedias
    Free Member

However, he needs to pay via paypal

why is that?

is that something you are imposing or him?

Just making sure you’re aware of the old – I’ll pay by paypal, and pickup, then open a dispute saying not received goods scam…

you can always do a partial refund via paypal after he has collected if it’s a legit buyer. Or if you auction had the local collection option he should be able to select it when paying.

robdob
    Free Member

DO NOT ACCEPT PAYMENT BY PAYPAL IF HE’S COLLECTING.

Only option is for him/her to pay Paypal gift, just give him your email address OR he pays cash. If he pays by regular PayPal and collects he could later say he never received the item. As you’ll have no proof of delivery you’ll lose your item and money.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just making sure you’re aware of the old – I’ll pay by paypal, and pickup, then open a dispute saying not received goods scam…

+1, get him to pay cash if he’s collecting

rickt
    Free Member

As above… Never receive PayPal and allow collection scam

All it takes is a hacked account and you lose the item and have to give a refund!!!

hora
    Free Member

I had alloys/tyre auction cancelled twice as I said ‘collect/cash’.

Why does the buyer want to pay by pp if collecting? Only legit reason would be credit card funded purchase.

dnhross

he mailed me, to say he needs to put it on a credit card and only lives about 30 miles away.

If its legit its much easier for me, but now im concerned if its a scam

amedias
    Free Member

I wouldn’t risk it personally, if he’s that genuine he’d paypal a friend using his CC and get them to give him the cash.

letmetalktomark

Ask for ID if paying by PP and collecting?

Ask him/her to sign a copy of the advert print out?

I’m sure if all is kosha they will be sine with the above or such like.

Failing that preempt it all going wrong and wee in their shoes once they take them off….

hora
    Free Member

In that case you cant do collect/only post. Make it signed for

hora
    Free Member

Just say too busy to collect.

Save postage: 30 miles each way? = same cost.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sold item Ebay, buyer wants to collect, poss to delete carriage from paypal?’ is closed to new replies.