Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Solaris MAX
  • fluffymafia
    Free Member

Just ordered a new Cotic Solaris MAX which will hopefully be arriving in a day or 2.

Anyone running theirs with rigid forks? Which ones are you using?

Price is more important than weight so probably not carbon!

kelvin

Not many forks long enough. Surly Krampus fork seems an obvious possible option, and comes in bolt through.

https://surlybikes.com/parts/krampus_fork

sheck

On my Sherpa (not quite the same I know) I run a salsa cro-moto grande, with a 29+ front end, to both make up for the slightly shorter a-c and to give a bit of cush to the front end

I had forgotten how much I like to climb stood up, hauling on the bars and have been impressed by what I can ride it down, albeit a little more delicately than with a suss fork

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    timc
    Free Member

Reckon you will enjoy it with a suspension fork more myself.

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a Cotic Owners group on Facebook, all sorts of set-ups pop up on there.

Good place to ask, probably.

benp1

I’m on a rigid original Solaris. I’ve seen a pic of a Solaris Max rigid, i think that hada a krampus fork. The original one was billed as being rigid capable, haven’t seen much about the latest one

fluffymafia
    Free Member

Krampus looks like it may be a winner. Cheers.

BearBack
    Free Member

I picked up a carbon genesis tarn fork off a forumite specifically for a rigid race event. I had no concerns riding tech blues…mistake I made was riding the trails the same as with a 140mm sus fork though so that was quite the battering.
    Was recovering from a broken wrist and UCL tear though so not as physically strong as I perhaps needed to be.
    Wouldn’t choose to run it rigid again for normal trail riding aside from specific events or as a gravel bike tbh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Solaris MAX’ is closed to new replies.