Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Solar charging panel for Anker Powerbank
  • leegee

I have a 10200 power bank that does a great job, I’m planning a road trip this summer and want to be able to charge it on the move, Anker Powerport solar is the obvious choice but is there any others worth considering?. I only need to keep my phone and watch charged.

Cheers

phil5556

Traditionally road trips are in cars which have handy places to plug in such devices.

What mode of transport are you using?

leegee

I will be in the car but stopping for days at time. le Mans first then Morzine, Finale, Petzen Etc.

I can leave the panel to charge the power bank whilst I’m riding

fossy

My son picked a solar charger off Amazon – it was about £100-£150, but kept the two Anker 15000 power banks topped up enough to keep 3 phones and an SLR running at Le Mans for 5 days and they didn’t have a car, so had to keep the panel with them – you can leave the panel on the parcel shelf or over the front instrument panel when out – they just clipped it folded to their backpacks during the day, so still had some charging capacity.

phil5556

Ah that makes more sense, camping presumably?

Can you just leave the power pack charging from the car when you’re away? Depending on whether your 12v socket is live with ignition off this might not work.

mikertroid
    Free Member

@leegee I’ll see you at Le Mans! I’m riding there on a tandem. Will use dynamo charging whilst moving and a Lidl Solar charger when at the circuit (Porsche Curve camping).

leegee

@mikertroid, it’s quite likely. I’m going with mates who go every year and generally they camp there. Last time I went in 2014 we were on Beausejour.

I’ll be keeping my bike buried in the car though.

mikertroid
    Free Member

@leegee we’ll be an easy spot. Hoping the ‘secure’ camping means I’ll have a tandem to ride back home on….!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Solar charging panel for Anker Powerbank’ is closed to new replies.