Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • So,Ive done Toriddon, Ben Affric loop, Ben Lomonnd, Whats next?
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

Just trying to plan another summers Road trip to Scotland, has anyone got any route suggestions with the above in mind thanks for the responses.

kcal

well, no Cairngorms would seem an obvious omission.

Not to technical really but like of the Minigaig loop would be a start. Outer or inner (or both) Tour de Cairngorm loops.

Scottish coast to coast?

twang
    Free Member

I’m in a similar boat.
    Decided to give torridon a miss this year and base myself Braemar way. Got a couple of Cairngorm’s loops in mind and something towards Lochnagar area. Just waiting for a weather and work window..cant bloody wait:)

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I was thinking there might be some epic ride that people have done that might crop up here, I have done some riding in the Rothiemurcus (Cairngorm) areas including the Larig Ghru valley, all excellent riding.

Kunstler

West Highland Way, Tour de Ben Nevis, big mountain route over Cairngorms. You could have a fill of rides just being based in Aviemore.

Several different coast to coasts is my plan for this summer.

kcal

well, Minigaig loop is probably 12 hours worth, 50 odd miles of off road, with about 150 yards of tarmac. It’s not gnarly really but I think it would count as epic just for the isolation.

chickenman

I put a loop based around Spittal of Glenshee up on the Trialscotland forum with some great descents and high level riding.
    Beinn a Bhuird from Mar Lodge linked to the complete traverse of Ben Avon with a cracking descent down to Fords of A’an (not far from Tomintoul. Return via Glen Gairn (hard work in this direction)and (unmarked on map) superb path along Quoich Water.
    Glen Callater, Loch Callater, Cairn of Claise, Tom Buidhe, Finalty Hill, Mayer, Kilbo descent to Clova. Up Glen Clova, Bachnagairn, Broad Cairn, Cairn Banoch to finish by the stunning Carn an t-Saghairt Mor descent to Loch Callater. Tiny paths between Claise and Finalty so one for a really nice day.5 Munros on this route; easy to add a further 4 if you are hardcore…
    Carn an Chlamain (Glen Tilt) decending by stalker’s path to Forest Lodge.
    Beinn a Ghlo (S to N)descending to bridge a mile N of previous route.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

5 munros of lochnagar
    Glen clova – bachnagairn – loch muick – capel mounth – clova
    Jocks road and kilbo path
    Spend a day riding the dudes enduro trails at Kinlochleven
    Glencoe – Devils stair – ciaran path and back over to Glencoe
    Ben vorlich in morning, Ben lawers and beinn ghlas in the aft

And so on…..

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Thanks folks keep them coming (Bump)

Ambrose

TBH at this stage I’d suggest that you find your own adventure, not a repeat of somebody else’s. There is so much to do in the hills, go for it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘So,Ive done Toriddon, Ben Affric loop, Ben Lomonnd, Whats next?’ is closed to new replies.