Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • softshell jacket recommendations?
  • pip001
    Free Member

hi ,looking to replace my worn out aldi zip off softshell.its been superb for both mtb and road biking.any recommendations on a softshell jacket reasonably priced and preferably in black.pearl izumi barrier was one i,m looked at.not really wanting any hi viz on it.any help be appreciated.

weeksy

Nukeproof Blackline.

matt_outandabout

We’ve a women’s Pearl Izumi Elite Convertible windproof. It’s the lighter/pertex thin end of the softshell scale.
    But it’s brilliantly cut, nice details, good looking and mrs_oab is finding herself wearing it more and more.

I want one.

andrewreay

Salomon RS is very good indeed. Close fitting, longer back and even slightly longer cuffs over the top of your hand. Low-profile hi-viz too (the black writing is reflective, but you can’t tell).

Somehow I managed to get one for about £75 on SportPursuit last spring. Seems that they are back to full price now though 🙁

Salomon RS Softshell

curlywhirly
    Free Member

My Maloja softshell has been excellent. Well made, durable yet somehow much more comfortable than any other manufacturers softshell I’ve tried on the bike. They do a funky range of colours too, although note that this years collection is a little more steath than previous years.

bikesandboots

Montane Dyno?

gkeeffe

Check on freewheel. Usually some good bargains there.

hot_fiat

another vote for the Nukeproof. Really good technical riding softshell. Otherwise whatever TKMaxx have on at the moment. Got a great icepeak softshell from there last year.

TopTip: their search engine hides some products & brands but it’s not very clever, so “Patagonia” will get you nowt, but “Hatagonia” will fill your screen with goodness (if they’ve stock).

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of these Berghaus Ghlas which on Monday’s ride proved excellent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘softshell jacket recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.