Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Softshell, for riding in, for a big un.
  • ton

big ( as in stature ) riders to the forum please…..

i am looking for a soft shell jacket for riding in, and i am coming up with zero results.
    riding clothing for bigger riders is pretty rubbish in general i think. unless you buy into the ‘ fat lad at the back’ brand. i dont.

so softshell jacket, for riding in. 54” chest, long torso and arms.
    anyone ??

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have a couple of mountain Hardwear jackets that might suit which are about to be ebayed as they are massive on me.

One is a windproof fleece reasonably heavy duty, the other a stretchy thin softshell knit type thing. Both with hoods

Both hardly worn, both royal blue, both XXL

Recommended as a brand even if these don’t suit

big_scot_nanny

Hi Ton,

Nukeproof Blackline Softshell jacket. XXl. I like it so much i bought 2. Getting a seamstress to put pit zips in one of them, as it misses that, but otherwise great bit of kit. Good chest, gut, sleeve and back length.

MoreCashThanDash

D2D do a range for the larger rider, if you don’t like the Fat Lad stuff

lardman
    Free Member

I’ve got a good soft shell by Fjern, bought from Sportpursuit.

It’s a good fit for chunk types.

Fjern

MSP

I have a couple of gonso jackets and they are good quality kit, they do up to 6xl if you can find a stockist in the UK.

https://gonso.de/int-en/shop/jackets/c131740-bike-jackets?parentCategoryIds=131740&showAll=1

Lummox

Keelas softshells are generous, I’ve got an ex police one that’s had the epaulettes taken off that’s a good fit <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>and length. Definitely for the colder days mind. </span>

lightfighter762
    Free Member

I got the Mountain warehouse Illuminate Softshell (don’t laugh). I have enough Gucci gear and after seeing a fellow freerider using it and all the abuse out in the woods I was sold. Pretty impressed with it. I use an XL, Have a 50″ chest and it is still a bit loose. Works well this time of year. Takes a beating. For under 40GBP!

Illuminate Reflective Mens Softshell Jacket

droplinked

I’ve got some gravity to me.

The windproof MTB jacket from decathlon is my new favourite winter jacket. Good fit, stretchy, windproof in the right places, breathable in the right places. It’s been perfect for all my winter rides so far. Cheap as chips too.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/men-s-windproof-mountain-biking-jacket/_/R-p-305587?mc=8555359

I’ve also got a Endura Hummvee Windproof Shell Jacket, which is very good also, but a bit less breathable, and not as stretchy.

For proper heavy rain, sub zero rides, and commuting, I wear a mountain warehouse hard shell high vis jacket which is very baggy.

CheesybeanZ

My mate – 150kgish wears Fatlad at the back gear.
    Some of thier stuff is too big for him .

clubby

DHB trail hoodie from wiggle. Bought an xl based on their road sizing which fits, but it’s massive on me. Kept it as I thought I’d be ok, but wish I’d sent it back. Do an xxl and is down to 70 quid in sale. Pretty sure it’s virtually the same as the Nukeproof one I’ve just bought in large but different colours in each range,

ton

D2D is the winner. jacket ordered.

non of the other recs will fit. apart from a 6xl gonso jacket.
    non of the recs are a 54” chest. and are long enough.

cheers

big_n_daft
    Free Member

My Mountain Hardware stuff measures 28″ pit to pit (measured for the fleabay listing). Obviously walking biased.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Softshell, for riding in, for a big un.’ is closed to new replies.