Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Soft shell shorts for ladies?
  • cinnamon_girl

I’ve only seen some made by Haglofs. Tend to wear my Gore Alp X waterproof shorts a lot and would be nice to have a second pair of shorts that are durable.

Anything out there please?

Thanks. 🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Soft shell shorts for ladies?

that’s hard to say….

maybe…

Maloja

cinnamon_girl

Aha, thank you. No black though. 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BadlyWiredDog

Bionicon do some, expensive but Schoeller is good fabric.

http://bionicon.com/wear/ridingwear/womens-softshell-short.html#main

VauDe:

http://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Products/Women/Pants/Women-s-Badile-Shorts-black.html

http://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Products/Women/Pants/Women-s-Dyce-Shorts-black.html

I’m sure there are others. I noticed those brands when I was looking for some men’s softshell shorts like the Haglofs Lizard but with thicker fabric.

tang
    Free Member

Kitsbow if you’re feeling flush. Swrve might be worth a look

matt_outandabout

^Those Vaude ones are good, one of our old staff had some.
    Salomon also make some (Wayfarer?), but they are lighter softshell rather than rufty-tufty, and you would probably need to buy in Europe. Having said that, my Salomon trousers and shorts are ace.

nbt

aldi may still have some in stock. I know there were three or four pairs in my local one last time I was in

Mrs NBT has some nice RaceFace ones

MoreCashThanDash

Do Surface make a ladies version of their softshell shorts? Mine have been ace, just starting to wear after a couple of years of commuting anywhere up to 100 miles a week

matt_outandabout
    cinnamon_girl

Oooh, lots of replies so thanks. 🙂

BWD – those Bionicon ones looks really nice and reasonably priced.

Shocked at the price of Kitsbow. 😯

Can’t see any suitable Vaude/Salomon/Surface/RaceFace.

Can anyone comment as to whether soft shell shorts could be a tad bulky?

cinnamon_girl

matt – those Norrona look good but no black!!

ton

mrs t has just had a look at the norron ones…….xmas pressie sorted for her I reckon.. 8)

matt_outandabout

The Norrona dark blue are very dark….
    Soft shell = a mass of different weights. I have Salomon, Patagonia and Montane softshell tops n trousers that are really thin and light – less than a t-shirt in thickness. But I also have some Patagonia or Cloudveil trousers and tops that would just about stand up on their own….

MoreCashThanDash

cg – the Surface ones are very thin but surprisingly shower and windproof, I’ve also got the snugflex hoodie which is the same. Doesn’t seem to be a specific ladies version, not sure how unisex they would be….

GolfChick
    Free Member

Bionicon do some, expensive but Schoeller is good fabric.

http://bionicon.com/wear/ridingwear/womens-softshell-short.html#main

my goodness I want those purple shorts more than life itself!

chrisdw
    Free Member

I have purple shorts 😛

My OH bought some of the mens surface ones and quite likes them. Bit loose on the waist apparently, but she stuck a belt on.

ART

CG – I’m not sure if they are available yet, but POC are doing a nice ‘trail’ short in a mid blue, that’s a soft shell fabric. I had a try on of some that were ‘on test’ and M was a bit loose on me (you know my size!) so they may be worth a look when they materialise. Expect POC prices though!

Matt – darn you for that Norrona link, lovely stuff … off shopping.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have some Sombrio ladies soft shell shorts which I wear more than any other pair of shorts I own (even the ones which are actually designed for my gender).

Bunnyhop

Not sure RaceFace are making the shorts anymore, maybe someone here would know.

mmannerr

Race Face Khyber Shorts are not sold as soft shell shorts but thats what they are. Mrs has them and really likes them.
    Norrona is really great kit, for men the Fjora shorts are easily the best shorts I have ever had (the colours except grey ones are bit loud though).

thepurist

Anybody mentioned Loeka yet? MrsP got some of their shorts a while ago from CRC & likes them a lot.

sillyoldman

Madison Flo?

cinnamon_girl

Just an update for anyone who may be interested …

Bionicon soft shell shorts – I’m in the process of ordering via their UK office and it’s been confirmed that they will be at that reduced price.

If anyone wants more info and contact name, e-mail in profile. 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Soft shell shorts for ladies?’ is closed to new replies.