• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Clink.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Soft Shell Jacket Recommendations?
  • shooterman

Looking for a new soft shell for an added layer of warmth. Any recommendations sub £150?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Just bought one of these
    http://www.rutlandcycling.com/158424/products/altura-attack-360-windproof-softshell-jacket-blue—red.aspx?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=COSNh7CR48oCFUI_GwodRrsITw

At that price it was a no brainer. Nice, comfy but not too thick. Ideal with a long sleeve top underneath.

jimplops

Madison zenith.

hambl90
    Free Member

Bought a trespass one for £45 , money well spent.

mlke
    Free Member

I returned the Rutland red and blue one – I didn’t think it was thick enough to be called a soft shell jacket. Endura do decent ones at fair prices

dovebiker

Endura doesn’t breathe too well IME – Gore Tool Fusion is my go-to winter softshell recently wore it for a 12 hour ride with a HH baselayer where average temp was 1.1C. Has pit zips when it gets too cosy and taped shoulders means it’s surprisingly waterproof too,

craig24
    Free Member
    iainc

Endura Windchill works a treat, breathes well. I use it when between 5 and 10 degrees

I also have a tenn drift which is just about as good and a chunk less cash

benp1

Rab vapour rise, or one of its variants

Fantombiker

Be interested to know if anyone has the Endura Urban soft shell, seems to get good reviews

Daffy

The Rapha Classic softshell is a wonderous thing.

shooterman

Many thanks for the replies. A few suggestions above I hadn’t thought of. Now for an evening of Belgian beer and retail therapy!

honourablegeorge

benp1 – Member
    Rab vapour rise, or one of its variants

Not really a soft shell, is it? (I do like mine)

chakaping
    Free Member

The Altura one above is really good for riding.

I’ve just bought another on seeing this thread, I’ve only got six softshells so it seemed daft not to.

😳

benp1

@honourablegeorge – not helped by the lack of definition in this category. It means one of a number of type of garments, from buffalo shirts to membraned fleeces, and everything in between.

I’d define it as a softshell, but it’s not stretchy

Clink

Not really a soft shell, is it? (I do like mine)

Buffalo and a similar Patagonia one at the time were the original soft shell. Vapour rise is a lighter weight version.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Soft Shell Jacket Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.