Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Soft Marzocchi 55's
  • cornishbiscuits
    Free Member

Hi. I’ve got an urgent issue with my Marzocchi 55 micro air Ti’s. they are way too soft even with 60psi in them. Has anybody got any pointers please? I’m off to Wales for a lads biking weekend on Friday morning so time is tight!!!!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

have they suddenly become soft?
    If so then I would reckon they need a service.

scaredypants

does mr loco do marzocchi ?
    he’s in wales so you could collect and not have to wait for return delivery

(aye, wales is quite big – may depend where you’re going)

((or send it somewhere else that you can pass by on Friday))

AndreyE
    Free Member

If they suddenly became too soft and were fine before, chances are they might need a service. What mileage/age are they?

But even in this case I’d consider playing with the adjustments a little, just in case.

If they’re new to you, I’d try to set them up first using ALL available dials.

As far as I know, Micro Ti’s have an air spring volume adjuster. This thing is supposed to change the volume of the air spring – when increased, it makes the spring ‘softer’ (more linear), when decreased – more progressive. Try making it more progressive and then go from there.

BTW, is 60 psi that high of a pressure? What do you weigh? I have a Marz 55 CRs and run around 110 psi for my circa 16 st.

Good luck!

cornishbiscuits
    Free Member

I forgot to mention, they are 2010’s

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably want to find out this morning what you are going to do, a lot of people wont touch the TST stuff at all so get on the phone to windwave to see if they can do anything too.

cornishbiscuits
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. It has come on quite quickly. The pressure would sound low but the recommended pressure is only up to 52. I’ve played with the volume adjuster and that has some effect but not enough. I’m thinking that they probably need a service but am short of time. Was hoping for a quick answer from someone that wouldn’t involve me being in the garage half the week before my trip away. Wouldn’t go down to well with my wife!!!!!

jairaj

I think in the short time scale you might have to give it a go your self.

See if there are any service guides. Give it a basic service ie replace o-rings and seals, clean and re lube internals and an oil change.

As first timer, you should be able to do it all in one (long) evening.

cornishbiscuits
    Free Member

Replaced the oil tonight which was quite filthy. Nothing else obviously wrong that I can see. Unfortunately it is no better.
    Should the TST cartridge have resistance/springiness when removed from the lowers? It seems to be partially springy (if you know what I mean) but not fully. Could this be my problem do you think?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The TST cart has a rubber bladder at the top, it should look like a smooth cover but can blow off one end. However that would probably not explain your situation.
    If it’s all cleaned, try reassembling and see what happens.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Did you replace the o rings and seals when you serviced?

mildred

Last time I sent some forks to windwave they took 3 days turnaround; came back as good as new. It’s worth contacting them, though they don’t seem to answer emails.

cornishbiscuits
    Free Member

To update, I removed the TST micro cartridge and split it down by taking the end cap off. Again, the oil was filthy but nothing else obviously wrong. So……. I replaced the oil, refitted it and it seems an awful lot better. It now locks out (which it never did before) and they feel ok. Not fantastic but maybe it is now time to fettle the adjustments.
    Off to Wales for the weekend so I’m hoping they’re ok.
    Thanks for all the advice.
    By the way, Windwave have been great over the phone. Seemed to know what they were talking about and more than happy to offer help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Soft Marzocchi 55's’ is closed to new replies.