Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Soda + 29er carbon rigid fork?
  • Alek
    Free Member

Long story’ish…….

Started a 29er build but restricted funds have put this on hold!

So for winter duties, would a 29er (exotic) rigid carbon fork work on a Cotic Soda or should I bite the bullet and scour classifieds for a 440mm?

Or could/is the frame suitable for a 69er? even…………

timc
    Free Member

there was a guy on bike radar that put a 29er exotic on his soul, google it & you’ll see, so i guess it works

Northwind

I’ve run the Exotic 29er fork in my Soul… Works very well, I run the soul at longer travel most of the time so it keeps it feeling familiar when I swap to the rigid fork. I think possibly I should have gone 440mm but it’s no burden to use the longer one and sometimes the extra slackness is very welcome.

Considered going 69er but couldn’t find a nice front wheel for the right price, so I’d be comparing 26er with lovely wheels, with 69er with a cheapo heavy front wheel, I’d never use it I think.

cy

Remember if you are going to go 69er that you don’t want a long fork, you want a very short fork because you’re effectively moving the axle up relative to the frame. If you’re going big wheel at the front try finding an older 420mm fork, which will fit a 29er wheel and not screw up the frame’s handling too much.

Ringo
    Free Member

I did what cy above said. It was a pace fork pretty sure it was 440mm axle 2 crown though it worked reasonably well on my soul

letmetalktomark

The Salsa cromoto fork (425mm) has oodles of room for a 29er wheel despite being a 26” fork.

Takes a 2.4” tyre comfortably.

😀

I always thought that a 425mm fork on a Soul would be too short but guess not.

Off to the shed for a fettle 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

You have the fork already?…why not try it and see?

Shackleton

cy and letmetalktomark have it if you are going to stick a 29er wheel in the front. I used an on-one 420mm inbred fork on my Love/Hate and it worked very well and kept everything at about the same height for riding. The steering with a 440mm fork felt floppy on anything other than very steep down hills. I think the Salsa cromoto 425 mm would be better as it has a larger offset (41mm) than a normal 26″ fork.

Alek
    Free Member

Reckon I’ll give it a go first and take it from there. Looks like a go’er given the replies but reckon I’ll keep it as a 26er and reverse the stem.
    Cheers STW’ers

Alek

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Soda + 29er carbon rigid fork?’ is closed to new replies.