Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sod it…
  • willard

It’s a nice day and I have a sudden urge to go out on my bike for a blast around the village. I’m going to give in and head out for 30 minutes. Work can wait for that length of time I think.

Are you lot able to cope with that better than people at work?

kayla1
    Free Member

Aye, get yourself out and have some fun. You’re a long time dead, after all 😀

big_scot_nanny

Crack on! (just did the same thing this morning)

jekkyl

30 minute ride? it takes me double that to faff before I get out the door!

willard

Well, I have returned and I feel so much better for getting out. Yes, it was windy, yes it was muddy, but the sun was out, I could feel smug going past the cars in a traffic jam and I had a cracking blitz round the village.

I think everyone should have to do that at lunchtime, it would make them feel so much better.

On a fettling note, the bike was pretty much dialled in from the last lot of maintenance. All it needed was a bit of air in the tyres and I was off. Although I do need to sort out the front tube as the valve is a bit sticky. Maybe later.

D0NK

30 minute ride? it takes me double that to faff before I get out the door!

CX bike with guards, toolbag, overshoes, lights and showerproof strapped to the frame – it does make getting out a lot easier, just a case of finding your spd shoes and jacket.

But yeah my mtb rides take 30-60mins to get kitted up and out the door 🙁

zippykona

I’d have a nap.

rOcKeTdOg

Cycle commute, short way in, long way home. Lunch is for fuelling the after work fun

MoreCashThanDash

I traded the chance of a ride for clearing a mountain of ironing.

I suspect my quest for brownie points will prove fruitless

willard

Mo’Cash, we appreciate it. Good on you for being so selfless and helping out around the house. To show solidarity, I have just emptied the washing machine and put the laundry out to dry.

Next job is the dishwasher.

MoreCashThanDash

Lightweight – I’d done all that before the ironing!

willard

It’s not a competition, but I have also walked the dogs and made a cuppa. However, I am now out of Rich Tea

MoreCashThanDash

I’m about to put tea on for the wife, kids and in laws before escaping sacrificing another evening to the Scout Stamp & Deliver Christmas card delivery service! 😉

willard

Damn you! I was just going to put my feet up and relax.

I might have to go and change the stem and bars on my wife’s bike now.

MoreCashThanDash

Does she know?

willard

Not yet. In fact, it’s a possibility that she might not notice.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sod it…’ is closed to new replies.