• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sociteal expectations
  • STATO
    Free Member

So far this week we have have had;

I’m now unemployed, what Sky TV package should I pay for?
    I’m a parent and should be able to go on a nice holiday without paying premium school-holidays prices, how much will the school fine me for going in term time?

So what other ‘expectations’ have become the societal norm like sunny holidays and paid for TV as a requirement for life that would previously have been baffling (and maybe still is).

munrobiker
    Free Member

Bellendery?

jam-bo

So what other ‘expectations’ have become the societal norm like sunny holidays and paid for TV as a requirement for life that would previously have been baffling (and maybe still is).

the ability to whinge non-stop on the internet.

MrNice
    Free Member

the ability to whinge non-stop on the internet.

while at work

STATO
    Free Member

while at work

Drinking posh coffee?

Junkyard
    Free Member

whist berating benefit scroungers and immigrants

DaRC_L

that poor spelling is allowable

wwaswas

That there’s a common consensus of what Room 101 means.

rogermoore

Making up words is permisiated.
    RM.

stumpy01

– A flash car on the drive paid for by leasing/finance that some people seem to think means they are ‘considerably richer than youwwwww’.

People have responded with real incredulity that I am quite happy with my 12 year old, 258k mile car.
    Some have even expressed surprise when I’ve given them a lift in it because it’s ‘just like a normal car’…….as opposed to something with holes in the floor so you can push yourself along with your feet.

– that you have an iPhone and know how one works.

– car indicators are optional, and if joining a main road from a slip road, the person on the slip road has right of way over those already on the carriageway.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

that poor spelling is allowable

That picking someone up, for not capitalising a sentence, is ok.

p.s You started your sentence without a capital.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

– if joining a main road from a slip road, the person on the slip road has right of way over those already on the carriageway.

I worked with a guy who genuinely believed that this was the case! He scared the life out of me pulling on a motorway with this sense of entitlement right in front of oncoming traffic. He can’t have passed his test more than 3 years previous.

stumpy01

Jef Wachowchow – Member

– if joining a main road from a slip road, the person on the slip road has right of way over those already on the carriageway.

I worked with a guy who genuinely believed that this was the case! He scared the life out of me pulling on a motorway with this sense of entitlement right in front of oncoming traffic. He can’t have passed his test more than 3 years previous.

Did he learn in this country? I know in some countries you do have priority from a slip road.
    I used to work with a Polish guy who thought it was the way to do things and was ranting at work about being almost run off the road by someone who refused to get out of his way. Took us quite a while to explain that it didn’t work like that on UK roads; he was still quite dismissive of it after we showed him the relevant bits of the highway code.

johnners
    Free Member

That picking someone up, for not capitalising a sentence, is ok.

That sentence, should not have, any commas.

They’re not even Oxford Commas, for crying out loud

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

That sentence, should not have, any commas.

*runs of giggling*

yunki
    Free Member

I get pretty pissed off that my budget smartphone’s 8gb of storage is often half full of unspecified ‘other’ data..

I mean for **** sake.. How are we meant to function under those conditions..
    It’s bullshit

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

*runs of giggling*

I didn’t know “runs” was the collective noun for giggles.

Every days a school day.

Marin
    Free Member

Off not of.
    You should have a house you own without sacrifice.
    You can’t have a VW camper that cost 6 grand.
    There is no need to use hello, thanks or punctuation on eBay messages.
    The world revolves around you.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sociteal expectations’ is closed to new replies.