Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Socially unacceptable complaints.
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Schools have finished early and next doors kid has got a friend over for the afternoon and they appear to playing a game of ‘run up and down the stairs shouting’* for the last hour.

If they were adults making that much noise with the TV or playing music or whatever I’d be straight round with a pitchfork and a flaming torch. But due to them being children I feel that the socially acceptable response is to bite my lip and just get more and more wound up until the point comes that i kick the cat**.

So what else annoys or frustrates you but has you biting your lip due to social convention?

* Why his mother hasn’t taken them to the park to play in the snow is beyond me.
    ** The cat is metaphorical, there is no living cat within kicking distance.

weeksy

it’s cold, why would the mother want to go out.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

it’s cold, why would the mother want to go out.

To get away from those screaming kids

[edit]
    Just thought, maybe she has gone out and that’s why they’re running around like ostriches on fire.

Northwind

I was a little ball of anarchy as a child, and most adults were kind enough to let me get on with it, so I do the same for the neighbours’ kids. It all averages out over a lifetime.

beefheart
    Free Member

Apparently you aren’t allowed to beep your horn at people in wheelchairs- even when they’re selfishly blocking the road!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I was a little ball of anarchy as a child, and most adults were kind enough to let me get on with it, so I do the same for the neighbours’ kids. It all averages out over a lifetime.

i used to play football in the alleyway between houses when i was young, the neighbour would often come out and tell me to “f*** off down the park and take that ball with you”.

empireofthefun
    Free Member

I rarely bite my lip in any situation. .. ………Maybe that’s why I have no friends 🙂

emac65
    Free Member

My old house had a neighbour like this,so the house I moved to next was detached,sorted….
    Of course,having 3 kids of my own the neighbours noisey kids were soon replaced with my own noisier kids,perhaps I should have stayed there for a few more years for a bit of payback……

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The cat is metaphorical, there is no living cat within kicking distance.

what about dead ones that you have previously kicked?

boxfish
    Free Member

Go outside in the snow yourself (and chill out)? 😆

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Completely agree with the OP tbh – if it was a barking dog making the noise instead of kids you wouldn’t be able to move in here for people moaning about it… 😉

kayak23

When queuing in the Post Office in my valuable working lunch hour, social convention prevents me from grabbing hold of all the old folks dithering with pensions, cheques and other historical relics, shaking them and asking them why the frig they have to do all this at lunchtimes when they clearly had sod all to do all morning and indeed all afternoon…
    I like old people really. I expect I’ll be one before long… 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

The clap.

wwaswas

kayak23 – my wife queued at the PO one Monday morning. Woman at the front had about 6 sacks of parcels she was processing.

All the old people stood and complained for 20 minutes whilst this was going on. My wife spoke to one of them and he said;

“She does this at 9am every Monday – she’s an ebay seller and all her sales finish on a Sunday night. It’s awful having to queue so long.”

He seemed non-plussed when my wife suggested he waited until 10am to visit the post office on a Monday.

globalti
    Free Member

In the same vein, why are pensioners allowed to go shopping at weekends? They’ve had all week to dither and block the car park and shop aisles.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Take a cake around and get them to accept it first. Then complain gently and sympathise about how hard it is to control children.

The cake should make it harder for them to be rotten to you and keep the kids quiet for a bit

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Apparently you aren’t allowed to beep your horn at people in wheelchairs- even when they’re selfishly blocking the road!

but if they can’t hear you coming

oldnick

Hint – diabetic cake has less sugar in it

larry

As a kid I used to get the bus to college for 9am and I found it amazing the amount of pensioners who used to use the same bus and then expected we stood up to let them have a seat, 15 mins later and they could have had the whole bus to themselves!

tomhoward

There’s a young family who lives in the flat above me. I suspect they are a family of elephants given the noise they make when walking around due to a wooden floor. They have a young daughter of between 2 and 4 (I guess) who gets lots of nightmares and wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. And loudly laughs a lot when playing/generally having fun.

None of this aids my sleep pattern/peace and quiet. I suspect if I complained I would be punched in the face. I move in May.

mightymule
    Free Member

We live in a small end terrace.

We have a full drum kit, two guitars, a bass, three keyboards, a violin and – of course – a significant number of amps / stage monitors.

We can never ever complain about our neighbours being noisy!

wwaswas

My neighbours were outside my house at 2am the other Monday morning making a dreadful noise.

Fortunately I was up playing the drums so it didn’t really disturb me.

spchantler
    Free Member

they are kids, ffs, you didn’t make any noise when you where that age? is this the daily mail website? what’s wrong with people on here?

PiknMix
    Free Member

what’s wrong with people on here?

You do know where this is don’t you?

tomhoward

@spchandler, I know, thats why I’m moving. It’s not that they are doing anything unreasonable (in fact, the laughter I mentioned is quite infectious, and often cheers me up.) It’s just that I didnt sign up for thundering footprints and a screaming kid, not their fault at all.

edit, you probably werent directing your comment at me….

jon1973
    Free Member

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Oh no, a whole hour of your day ruined by children laughing. Call the police. And don’t BS about what you would do if they were adults, you’d still, no doubt, come on here and moan.

Duggan

I can’t stand kids but even I wouldn’t begrudge them having some fun on a snow day off school

mikewsmith
    Free Member

kids make noise – fact.
    parents are oblivious to the noise/destruction/antics of their kids – fact.

There is no point in even mentioning that the excessive noise is a little annoying etc as you become a demon child hating DM reader and probably one of those who know whats like that weirdo from the telly.

Dogs fair game it’s just the rules of society.

If you live in a semi or terrace then keeping the noise down and being considerate of others is as important a skill to learn as having fun and not crapping in your pants.

If the walls are that thin just shout loudly with much swearing about the noise or put on some loud music

popstar
    Free Member

As a kid I used to get the bus to college for 9am and I found it amazing the amount of pensioners who used to use the same bus and then expected we stood up to let them have a seat, 15 mins later and they could have had the whole bus to themselves!

That attitude stinks. You should get a slap onto your ugly spotty selfish face. Same as all your friends doing the same on that bus.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Muppetwrangler,

Why don’t YOU head out in the snow and get away from the noise that vexes you so much? Alternatively you could get a life.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

[/quote]what’s wrong with people on here?

I often wonder the same thing.

Except Beefheart who totally got and embraced the tone of the thread.

martinhutch

You do realise it’s socially unacceptable to come on here and talk about thinking socially unacceptable thoughts?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

You do realise it’s socially unacceptable to come on here and talk about thinking socially unacceptable thoughts?

I appear to be in a faux pas vortex of doom.

martinhutch

I appear to be in a faux pas vortex of doom

Just ignore the normals… I say carry on flirting with their moral disapproval. 🙂

mightymule
    Free Member

*writes to council complaining about inconsiderate children making noise while sledging in the park next to my house….*

onehundredthidiot

As a student the Christian Union often had sign alongs on the stair of the flat which backed on to mine. Didn’t really mind until studying for finals I asked them nicely to stop and to my surprise they got arsey and continued. I could have forgiven them but…..

After my last exam we went on out for a prolonged imbibement session. I may have left my stereo with speakers to the wall on a timer set to go off at 11pm. I seem to recall the CD was Slayer. Explains my bad luck these past few years.

yunki
    Free Member

I can’t stand irritating people.. they drive me up the chuffing wall

poke one in the eye though and everybody is up in arms.. 😐

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    kids make noise – fact.
    some parents are choose to be oblivious to the noise/destruction/antics of their kids – fact.

…which is probably what’s actually winding the OP up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

kids make noise – fact.
    parents are oblivious to the noise/destruction/antics of their kids – fact.

we are often powerless to control the noise levels
    My neighbour complained once and i replied with if I had a **** remote i would turn them down

i then invited him in to bollock them and they started crying as soon as he spoke =he was not even mean or shouting just explaining

never knocked since.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Socially unacceptable complaints.’ is closed to new replies.