Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Social rot.
  • takisawa2

THIS happened the other night, literally a few hundred metres from my brothers house. Beaten to death. FFS. Beaten to death on the street.
    Always thought this a fairly safe city.
    Time to move on me thinks.

Canada or Australia…?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Surely going to Oz is worse than dying ?

everyone there has criminal genes ūüôĀ

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Move to Oz, get bitten by something poisonous. Move to Canada, get bitten by a bear.

Or, you could not panic.

People get shot/stabbed/bludgeoned to death fairly often, were I live. I wouldn’t move, though.

hora
    Free Member

Jeesus ūüôĀ he also looked like a man you wouldnt want to hassle. These kids must be scary uns

sofatester
    Free Member

Don’t move. Start a lynch mob instead…

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Scary. Watched Eden Lake the other night, if ever a horror film depressingly mirrored real life its this one…

richc
    Free Member

That’s a bit shit.

Mind you Cities have always been dangerous places, and people being killed for trivia things is not new. This belief that they have *suddenly* become dangerous is a bit weird, mind you the headline ‚Äėshame shit, different day‚Äô doesn‚Äôt sell papers.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Time to move on me thinks.

Canada or Australia…?

Why TF do people have this ridiculous idea that Britain is somehow totally fcuked up and yet, that Australia is some sort of ‚Äúparadise‚ÄĚ ?

Where TF does that come from ‚Äď is it something to do with the tabloids ? (you‚Äôll have to excuse me, I don‚Äôt read the gutter-press and as a consequence I‚Äôm totally ignorant about such matters)

Child homicide rate twice UK’s

Quote : ‚ÄĚ Australian children aged five to 15 are twice as likely to be the victim in a homicide on a per capita basis as their counterparts in Britain‚ÄĚ

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The murder rate in Britain is relatively stable at a low level and has been for decades

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Anyway, Australia is culturally quite poor, and about to get a whole lot worsererer:

Leo Sayer becomes Australian Citizen

corroded
    Free Member

‚ÄĚ Australian children aged five to 15 are twice as likely to be the victim in a homicide on a per capita basis as their counterparts in Britain‚ÄĚ

I suspect that that figure is slightly skewed by Australia’s indigenous communities. In the state of Victoria 63/1000 children from indigenous communities enter the child protection system, among non-indigenous children that figure is 5/1000.

jon1973
    Free Member

Most of Australia is a useless waste full of unpleasant and poisonous creatures, the rest is called the Outback.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I suspect that that figure is slightly skewed by Australia’s indigenous communities.

So what are you saying ‚Äď that the ‚Äútrue‚ÄĚ child homicide rate in Australia is no more that than it is in the UK ?

Although I doubt whether the indigenous people of Australia have very much effect on any crime figures, after, they represent no more than 2.5% of the population.

Unless of course, they are slaughtering their own children on a unprecedented scale, which I doubt. Furthermore the article makes no mention of the ‚Äėindigenous communities‚Äô even though it goes into extraordinary detail concerning the profile of child murderers.

And of course there are a multitude of reasons why in the state of Victoria, a disproportionate amount of ‚Äėchildren from indigenous communities enter the child protection system‚Äô. From perhaps higher levels of unemployment and poverty amongst indigenous people which might make children more vulnerable, to possibly institutionalised racism which might make officials less likely to take children from inadequate white parents ‚Äď who knows ?
    It does not automatically equate that the indigenous people are engaged in some sort of child killing frenzy.

But what isn’t in doubt, is that Australia isn’t some strange crime-free society.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‚ÄėSocial rot.‚Äô is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.