• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I think it’s the social media and keyboard warrior age weeksy. Opinions which were probably held can now be voiced and the fact they can probably exaggerates them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s some proper angry fans out on BBC comments.

They’re all binners. He had 237 different log-ins on the Beeb at the last count. 113 to whinge about VAR, 57 to whinge about the Glazers, 46 to whinge about his sky subscription cost (because, let’s face it, he just watches from his sofa in Ramsbottom drinking Stella all the time), and the remaining 31 to comment variations on “it’s our year” memes.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Subtle!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Subtle

An adjective we all wish could be applied to binners. Never gonna happen.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ancelotti is a terrible appointment, incredibly naive. He’s like the Italian Maureen, star faded a long time ago.

binners

Bravissimo has a very long memory. You need one of those when it’s 30 years since you won a title 😂

And for the record… I’ve been to more games at Anfield than you have over the last few seasons and I’m a Man Yoo fan

Got to love the plastic scousers 😃

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And for the record… I’ve been to more games at Anfield than you have over the last few seasons and I’m a Man Yoo fan

Christ, I realise you’ve been desperate to watch some decent footie, but really, that desperate?

senorj

Play nicely boys . 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Play nicely boys .

I hear Watford can play quite nicely. 😂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

To be fair they played very well at Anfield the other week and could have caused a major upset had they taken any of several great chances. Them beating United doesn’t feel like an upset though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, I had that down as a potential loss for Utd. No doubt that bottom of the table sides can beat mid-table sides any time.

binners

Mrs Binners, as much of an ABU as Bravissimo here, had bet on Watford too. She’s loving this! Fair play to Watford. They were good, we were awful.

More surprised by Chelski playing Spurs off the park. Bonkers match. Especially the flying Cantona-esque Kung fu kick for the penalty

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ABU? That was when they were winning trophies mate.

Aside from all that, bad stuff at the Spurs Chelsea game today. I hope that this is stuff that’s been there at a low level for a while and is just being tolerated less now and that it’s not happening more frequently. Not too sure which it is.

binners

Depressing isn’t it? I think, unfortunately, it seems to be reflecting a lot more of this brainless idiocy in wider society

I’ve not heard open racism at a match for about 15 years. And that was an Engerland game.

MSP

On the one hand, I do think the number of cameras and technology in the grounds is picking up more of what has been going on. Also since Sterling re-ignited the discussion a couple of years ago, the media did some soul searching and are now more likely to highlight the issues. I would also say that 10+ plus years of austerity has lead to highly pressured lives and anger, and the populism of the past few years has based itself on and exploited nationalism and racism.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I kinda think that there are a few Neanderthal fans that are doing it for a reaction – from anyone, the ref, the players, the authorities, tv and the wider media. It’s just **** mad. I just don’t get it at all. They’re making monkey sounds at Rudiger, but if Moura or Sissoko scored, they’d be deliriously singing his name.

I’ve only ever experienced racism once at a football ground. At Anfield. Back in the early 2000s when they were playing Blackburn. A black linesman (as they were still known back then) was getting called all sorts of names by two guys in our section. I’d struggle to even write down some of them. To this day, I’m ashamed that I, or no one said anything. Later in the game, the same guys were going nuts when Paul Ince scored.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Great win for the Chels, I’m still buzzing over that.

Not gonna complain about anything although I did wonder how the ref initially called the penalty as a free kick to Sp*rs – very odd.

Nice to still be comfortably in the top 4 despite our recent poor run. Looking forward to heading to the Bridge on Boxing Day and hope we maintain our momentum against Southampton.

Great section on racism in the game from Gary Neville on Sky. Why does the Sky presenter have to say after clearly getting an earful from control “these are Gary Neville’s views and not those of Sky”?

That’s the shocking part for me. Neville quite rightly said ‘well don’t you agree?” to that statement

MTB-Idle
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cracking result for Utd today. Europa league places within sight now. Not bad for a mid-table side.

weeksy

Ah, that went well for the title battle didn’t it

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, looks over. Top three looks sewn up to although Leicester could fall away a bit. There’ll be a big battle for 4th!

MSP

I think for Liverpool to now lose their grip on the title, would take a prolonged absence of VVD, I think they can handle losing an attacking player, but VVD would be as problematic as Laporte has been for city. I did think they would suffer more when Alison was out as well, but Adrian excelled as a backup.

I hope Guardiola now looks at it as an opportunity to give some of the youngsters more game time Garcia and Harwood-Bellis could be the fullback solutions given game time to develop. I don’t think we are in danger of losing out on the top three so he has some leeway, if Liverpool do look like collapsing then priorities could change, but that doesn’t look likely so concentrate on the CL and build for next year in the PL.

Cletus

I think Liverpool would struggle if they lost their full-backs. They are both great going forward which is why Liverpool can be successful which a midfield composed of mainly functional players. It is not a very sophisticated system

Regarding City I too would like to see some of the younger defenders get some game time but think they need a leader alongside them – we are really missing Kompany.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, they wouldn’t be as good going forward, but you wouldn’t be able to keep 4 world class full backs happy. Milner, Gomez and Clyne (if he’s still there?) are decent enough defensive full backs to have in reserve.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

… a midfield composed of mainly functional players. It is not a very sophisticated system

😀 Love it.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Such a functional system should be easy to negate then, I guess?

weeksy

I think Liverpool would struggle if they lost their full-backs. They are both great going forward which is why Liverpool can be successful which a midfield composed of mainly functional players. It is not a very sophisticated system

You mean the freebie and the £8.5m average full backs that Liverpool and klopp along with their system have turned into the best full backs on the planet?

When either have been out for a rest Liverpool have played the same system just as well with others

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I realise Pep likes to send his sides out to tactically foul, but he probably needs to advise his keeper not to join in.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well played Wolves coming back from 2-0 down. 6 points from the champions.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Tough on City that, playing so long with ten men. Wolves could have a good chance of top 4 finish!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pep, how many goals ahead were you when you let the lead slip?

cheers_drive

At this rate Liverpool will have the League down up before the Champions League starts up again. I’m almost disappointed at the lack of competition.

sandboy

We have taken 6 points from the champions but only last season we conceded 6 points to Huddersfield. Funny old game!! It was a shame the match was again spoiled by VAR, never a penalty.

MSP

It was a penalty, according to current interpretation of the rules, he clearly stands on his foot and takes him down. First angle makes it look like a dive, but other angles it is clearer, however personally I am not sure it should be enough for a penalty, two players fighting for the same space put their feet into the same spot, one just a brief second after the other, it is harsh IMO, but there are many times I have seen what I considered accidental incidents in matches and the ex pros commentating state that the player committing the foul knew exactly what they was doing.

It is though, I think only the second pen given against the refs initial judgment that I have seen in the PL (the first was in the manchester derby) hopefully it is a change in the use of var to make sure it is the right decision rather than the trying to judge just how badly a ref got it wrong before deciding to overturn his decision. As long as they now stick to this, I think it is better than saying, “well if he is a bit wrong, just wrong or even very wrong, we will let the decision stand, but if the ref gets it very very wrong then we will consider overturning it” which seemed to be the system for most of the season so far.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Looks like a penalty to be fair. The re-take decision is a bit questionable for me – but letter of the law, I suppose… Looked to be encroachment by both teams. I think on balance, the result was fair on the night.

binners

slackalice
    Free Member

I can remember when Man U were in the second division 🤣

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binners fumes.

Scenes.
    😀

MSP

The commentators saying the ref should have stopped the game before city’s first goal, but it was the Sheffield player who tried to pass through the ref, they created the incident not the refs fault. If the game gets stopped for that then defending teams will start kicking the ball towards the ref in the hope the game will be stopped and they can re-organise and relieve the pressure.

weeksy

Binners,

Which decision was incorrect by var then?

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.