• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fabinho out till the new year. Not great news for Liverpool as they go into their crazy month.

senorj

Pish.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

13 goals in Europe this season for Alfredo Morelos, the most ever scored in one European campaign for any Scottish club.

He’ll be in the premier league soon I reckon, sadly.

spursn17
    Free Member

Please please please, let it be Sol Campbell! 🤣

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Seems to be behaving himself a bit more too, nobeer. Saw a rumour – I love the nonsense footy transfer gossip – which linked him with Leicester.

Fabinho will be a big miss. Guess they’ll play one of Milner, Henderson or Wijnaldum there? Would like to see the Ox get a good run in central midfield too, further forward.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Sol will have his application in already!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Seems to be behaving himself a bit more too, nobeer. Saw a rumour – I love the nonsense footy transfer gossip – which linked him with Leicester.

Aye, he’s not getting himself wound up like he did last season, still young though tbf.

Canny see it being Leicester, neither him nor Vardy seem to play well in a pair.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

True – but Vardy’s what 32/33? If he gets injured Leicester are in trouble, not many other options up top. Maybe Morelos as back up / sharing the load could work to then be the main man in a year or two?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jon Jo, I take it all back. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, that’s Liverpool up to 40…cruising and then a moment of madness from Allison. What was he thinking? I think the goal from the free kick was a bit of shithousery – at least it didn’t cost them the points. Probably safe to say they won’t be relegated.

In other news…West Ham!! What a (PL) debut from the keeper – keeping a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge.

binners

West Ham seem to be the club for this kind of thing. One of the standout moments of last season was Declan Rices first goal for the club. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player so happy!

muggomagic

I think the goal from the free kick was a bit of shithousery

How so? The ref blew the whistle, it’s not Dunk’s responsibility to wait for the Liverpool GK to be ready. I assume you were equally critical of TAA quickly taken corner against Barca last season? 😀

I think it shows how far we’ve come under GP in such a short space of time, we held on for a 1-0 loss in both games last season. Today we ended up taking the 2nd half to the European Champions at Anfield.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How so?

Who gives a shit now anyway? Didn’t affect the result on the day. Gulls gulled. My old fat boss, one of the greatest **** I’ve ever known is miserable for a few hours. All good.

muggomagic

He’s probably not though. Why be miserable when little Brighton had 55% possession at Anfield? We lost but we’ve come a long way.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

55%

And 33 and one third percent of the goals scored.

muggomagic

Well you seem more annoyed about the result today than me so I’ll leave you to it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Annoyed? 😂

Relieved more like. And a chubby ex-boss who’ll be unhappy this evening. The ****. 👍

senorj

Quality reasoning DD.👍
    Tbh I was glad Glenn Murray didn’t get a game . He would have scored.
    I’m always “him” when playing against junior J . ( when GM was younger,he played for my hometown team)
    🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Quality reasoning DD.

Not sure if sarcastic… 😬😀

Anyway, on reflection, I still think it was a bit of shitehousery, by the ref, not by Brighton. (Should have been more explicit in that.) The Brighton player said he asked, the ref blew and he took the easy shot.

From Adrian’s POV, he’d only just come on into a bit of chaos after Allison’s senior moment, and was setting his wall up. I dunno what the laws are around that these days, but whatevs bro, seems churlish to whinge too much about a goal scored by a beaten team.

senorj

Not sarcastic. 🙂
    I worked with some very unpleasant Teessiders, whenever “the boro” are beaten . I know how miserable they are . Hahaha.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

PSA for anyone who doesn’t already know. All tonight and tomorrow night’s games live on Amazon Prime (if you have it). (Dec 26-27 games also.)

binners

We were just discussing this in the office Bravissimo. We were saying how successful its been breaking up Sky Sports monopoly. So instead of your old Sky Sports subscription, you now need a Sky Sports subscription, a BT Sports subscription and Amazon Prime

Cheers to the Competition Commission. You played a blinder there lads, fighting for the rights of consumers

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s gone the same way as streaming TV/Movies hasn’t it? ☹️

binners

Well this all looks very familiar

Is it the same production company that supplies all the premiership content for Sky, BT, the BBC and now Amazon?

Certainly feels like it

I’ll just wait for Gary to pop up

Caher

Much better picture than Now -TV – pretty scandalous how awful that picture is sometimes.

senorj

If Sadio isn’t nominated for player of the year I’ll be very surprised.
    Dejan Lovren , not so much . 🙂 ha

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Agree on Mane. Lovren has been fine since getting back in. Tonight showed Liverpool have some depth in their squad.

weeksy

Yeah the fringe players did exceptionally well i have to say. I’m still not a massive Lallana fan, but he did ok, Shaq and Origi were great though without doubt.

32 games unbeaten in the PL and about 4,000,000 at Anfield now… the lads are doing exceptionally. Still a long long way to go of course and as commented on last night, if they want to go down as a great side of all-time, they need a league title. If they can win the league while being Champions League holders, that IMO puts them in with the all time great teams for sure.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, I was surprised at the team selection, especially Lallana ahead of Ox, but Klopp’s the boss for a reason!

How bad were Everton though defensively?! Such a high line, balls over the top caused them all sorts of bother. Pickford also in danger of losing England gloves I think.

weeksy

What i did like though is that Liverpool played directly to Evertons weaknesses. With the balls, the passes, the running through, it was quite different to the usual style of Trent and Robbo flying down the wings, instead we saw the longer direct passes to pick holes at the back. That shows a lot of forward thinking and planning from both Klopp and the team.

binners

Theres also the small matter of the 2 straight red cards and a stone-wall penalty that weren’t given

Some of your best signings this season have been the refs and the VAR staff with their temporary but frequent blindness

😛

binners

Bloody hell! Arsenal look even worse than us! Boo-ed off at half time at the Library. And rightfully so. Lucky to be only one down

ElShalimo

@binners – any predictions for the Derby?

binners

Its fair to say that I’m not confident. But then I wasn’t against Spurs on Wednesday and we looked good and got 3 points. I also thought we’d get tonked by the scousers too and it was probably our best performance this season and we went ahead then got a draw. We also battered Chelski. So we’ve had our best performances when we weren’t expected to do much, so you never know

At the end of the day, its a Derby. Owt could happen. Its unlikely to be dull. City looked scarily good the other night, despite being without Aguero. Rashford is looking good at the moment though. Could (and probably should) have had 3 or 4 against Spurs the other night

Whats going to be weird though is that we’ll be watching it with a load of our scouse mates, as they’re all supporting United for the day. Surreal times, indeed. I’m not sure how I feel about that, really. I prefer the usual atmosphere of mutual abuse and contempt. We’re all in our comfort zone then 😀

ElShalimo

@binners – I’ve got a free ticket and the last Derby I went to at the Etihad, City lost 3-2. There is some hope for you….but not much 🙂

Garry_Lager

Taking my kid to see Everton tomorrow, playing Chelsea (don’t tell the NSPCC). Duncan Ferguson in charge, heavens above. Actually expecting a good game, be interested to see if the Big Man drops any of the absolute cowards who have masqueraded in the Royal Blue Jersey this season.

binners

It’ll be a great atmosphere. Always is. Bizarrely, I had a ticket for the Liverpool Derby at Anfield on Wednesday night. I was going to go with my scouse season-ticket holding mate, but thought better of it and went to a gig instead. I’ve been with her to Liverpool matches before, but the Derby seemed a step to far for an undercover Manc

My expectations aren’t high for tomorrow, but I just hope we give ’em a game. And if/when we lose, there is the slight silver lining of not letting Liverpool run away with the title

My present attitude to my scouse mates, and the line I’m running with on Saturday, is that the fact they’re 8 pints clear at this stage is just going to make it even funnier when they chuck it away again at the end of the season 😉

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Could be 5 up Binners! Maybe Ole is on to something after all. Young players are only going to get better I guess.

DrJ

Taking my kid to see Everton tomorrow

The big man brings back the passion !!

MSP

The frustrating thing about that penalty from city point of view, is that why choose this game to start re-refereeing those decisions, it was the right decision, but we have had 5 or 6 of them already this season where we should have had penalties and it’s been the bullshit about “clear and obvious error” that were even clearer errors than today.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.