Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season

• This topic has 305 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by  Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 306 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • Cletus

My suggestion about Vardy was to cover when Kane was out and as an impact sub. Really Spurs should have beaten Leicester to the title a few years ago and, with a bit of backing from the board in the January transfer window, probably could have done so.

It will be interesting to see if any of the wantaway players decide to stay given the change in manager. If they do then Jose will have a decent base to build on. I agree with shortbread – one minor cup win, lots of dour football and gone within 24 months.

I am a bit annoyed as I enjoy watching Jose as a pundit.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Any guesses on how many of the present squad will still be there after the January transfer window?

Still…it’ll give us a chance to offload some of the Donkeys Maureen saddled us with. Can’t wait to see Fred in a Spurs shirt 😂

Ro5ey

At White Hart Lane I’ve sat through Christian Gross, Jacques Santini, Juande Ramos even the indignity of George Graham…. But Mourinho…. NEVER…. 😢😠

I actually feel heart broken.

I want nothing to do with them until he’s gone.

Had to break the news to the lad this morning, he’s 9. I’ve told him he shouldn’t be influenced by me and my narrow mindness, but if we win anything under Mourniho the only joy l will feel is in the fact that he, the lad, is happy.

dirtyrider

Bit dramatic rosey

handybar

We will see…I think Jose is similar to the George Graham appointment, he may bring a trophy but the football will be defensive. Levy got carried away with the new stadium and thinking spurs are entitled to be a superpower because of it. He wants so edging for nothing and it looks like this could end badly. Poch may go to man United and do quite well as he already has a friendship with Fergurson who still casts a shadow over that club. There is still a question mark over pochs tactical acumen but in everything else he us first class.

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

John Terry back in defence, that’s one disabled parking spot occupied.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The press are saying Maureens contract is 15 million a year. Thats a lot of money for a series of dire one nils, 6th place and a League cup quarter-final.

I wonder what his pay off will be?

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

It would be peak Spursy to appoint a serial winner and win nothing 😃

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

Had to break the news to the lad this morning, he’s 9. I’ve told him he shouldn’t be influenced by me and my narrow mindness, but if we win anything under Mourniho the only joy l will feel is in the fact that he, the lad, is happy.

You’ll win something with Mou – you can take that to the bank. End of the day Poch is great an all but he hasn’t won a bean – in the time he’s been at Spurs Mourinho has won the title, two league cups, and the Europa league – two of those trophies with a Utd team that were the punchline to a joke.

I’d reckon on a cup win rather than building anything more substantial, but we’ll see.

johndoh

As a football fan it’s great to have Jose back on the frontline – he’s value for money even if only for the pre/post match interviews – it’s great to have colourful characters like him around.

mrmoofo

And Pochettino to where ?
    Bayern?
    RM?
    ManYou?

Premier Icon eddie11
    Subscriber

Yay David squires has got one of his best characters back.

Ro5ey

Me being drastic, probably.

When has love ever made sense?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

How much do you reckon you’ll end up paying for Mata and Matic?

And Pochettino to where ?

Arsenal, obviously 😉

Ro5ey

Manu U vs Spurs in two weeks !!

That will be almost as much fun as going to West Ham on Saturday.

spursn17

Bit dramatic rosey

No it’s not, I feel pretty much the same. Maureen has had his day, it’s like buying a 35yr old striker that used to be good.

I reckon Poch will go to Spain as there’s been rumours that his family isn’t happy here because of all the attention when they go out, probably poach Kane when he does!

I wish him well.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

I’m keeping an eye out for the for sale sign on Harry’s house .

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

I’d love it, love it, if Poch did go to Arsenal. But alas it might be Real Revolving Door for his 6 month stint.

Premier Icon slackalice
    Subscriber

At a stroke, the Tottingham board have reduced the number of top teams in the PL to…. two.

Awesome move 🙄 How many double decker busses can they fit into their new stadium?

Predictable but funny! Caught a bit of punditry frothing on 5live tonight. Some interesting comments about the squad – it’s way better than the one he inherited at United. And where they are in the league the only way is up so they should get a bit of momentum going. And he might not be quite as grumpy not being ‘forced’ to live in a hotel in Manchester.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Good match Weeksy?

Spurs were holding on there at the end. I was disappointed by the lack of reversing routemasters. I have fond memories of watching Spurs Chuck a 3 goal lead away 😂

Mrs Binners called every result today. She’s 96 quid up 😳

Worryingly, she’s bet on a Sheffield win tomorrow

Anyway… Leicester are looking like serious title contenders again

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

First half wasn’t great, not great football. Opened up in 2nd half and a win so all good

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

United starting with Rashford, Tony Marshall and James up front. That’s some pace. Going for attack, but this is going to be a tough game

Premier Icon si77
    Subscriber

Good start!

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Getting played off the park. I knew what to expect after watching them do this to Liverpool

Mrs Binners cashed in yet?

Saccades

Jones should be put down and the answer to a shit midfield is never lingard.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Phil Jones is a howler waiting to happen every time he’s on the pitch.

Looks like Harry Maguire has realised his move from Leicester wasn’t his best idea, calling out Fred for his latest pass to nobody in particular.

He’s an absolute donkey!

nobeerinthefridge – she’s maintaining her 100% record. She’s even better than Robbie Savages mum at this predictions lark

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Wolves, Sheffield and Burnley presently above United, Spurs and Arsenal in the table, and deservedly so

Spurs will only go up but the other two I’m not so sure. Harsh scoreline that on Sheffield United by all accounts.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Lively fixtures on 4 December…

schrickvr6

That’s a relief, now lets see some ambition and get Poch in.

johndoh

Not at all surprised with that.

Hands of Bielsa Gooners.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

He’s waiting for the call….

null

ElShalimo

I heard that Carlton Palmer is available.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Nah ,Roy Hodgson has done a great job at palace …he’s the man.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 306 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.