• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • grum
    Free Member

(I have a low tolerance to Hopelessly indulgent, backward-gazing self-mythologising)

#20times

Hmmmm…

MoreCashThanDash

Liverpool v Chelsea is free to air this evening

One of the most entertaining games I’ve watched in ages. Some lovely goals from an attacking point of view.

I live in between Nottingham and Derby, with lots of friends in both camps. Facebook has been interesting overnight 🤦‍♂️

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was a crazy evening on the Championship. Jeez, the tricky trees!! “Right lads, just don’t lose by loads…”

As for the Liverpool Chelsea game – it was a cracker. Pulisic is a joy to watch, even if he’s dancing his way through your side’s defence.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Chelsea have serious options in attack next season! Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic……possibly Havertz too but they need some better defenders I think.

Obviously Liverpool have been off the level they were at since winning the league but Gomez has been especially poor. Wonder if Klopp will look for another centre half to partner Van Dijk?

weeksy

I’m hoping Liverpool go in for Pulisic, he’s a cracking player.

Gomez, well he’s no virgil that’s for sure… but only Koulibaly is…. So either Gomez is ok, but buying the big beast would be awesome.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

No chance of buying Pulisic – they could have when he went to Chelsea, especially with the Dortmund link. Koulibaly – I reckon the only reason they would buy him would be to stop him going to a rival. Alcantara has been heavily linked and would be a good buy I think for a bit more creativity in midfield.

rascal
    Free Member

I absolutely loved Forest’s implosion last night – brilliant and crazy tracking the scores last night – high drama indeed!
    A very happy, excited and grateful Swansea City fan here 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I absolutely loved Forest’s implosion last night – brilliant and crazy tracking the scores last night – high drama indeed!

Just been reading a load of comments from Forest fans in the aftermath of them beating Leeds earlier in the year. Talk of Leeds on a downward spiral, how Forest are going to march into the top 2 etc etc etc.

Let me just double check something…
    Leeds. Champions. Premiership bound. 93 points
    Notts Forest. 7th. Missed out on play offs by getting spanked by the team Leeds beat 5-0 2 weeks ago. Absolutely bottled it. Think Sammy Ameobi is some kind of secret weapon that will wipe aside all other teams. 70 points. 23 points behind.

Oh how I laughed. At least they’re keeping their midlands mates Derby company for another year in the Championship.

binners

The last day of the Premiership and the scrap for those 2 champions league spots is going to be an absolute belter!

Us in 3rd (on 63 points) playing Leicester in 5th (on 62 points), with Chelski in 4th (also on 63 points) playing Wolves in 6th (on 59 points)

MoreCashThanDash

Just been reading a load of comments from Forest fans in the aftermath of them beating Leeds earlier in the year.

Admittedly I’m a neutral in the Derby/Forest rivalry, but I’ve never known a group of such gobby and arrogant fans as Forest fans when they are winning, but who disappear the second it goes wrong.

rascal
    Free Member

Admittedly I’m a neutral in the Derby/Forest rivalry, but I’ve never known a group of such gobby and arrogant fans as Forest fans when they are winning, but who disappear the second it goes wrong.

This. They are literally gobby as well. Dirty home fans in the upper tier of the Bridgford End gobbing on us away fans years ago – they have a net/canopy above the away fans in the lower tier these days. It was disgusting – the stewards did nothing at the time and wondered why we were going nuts at them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well…last day of the PL.

The utter novelty of all games kicking off at the same time! 😀

Euro places at stake – Leicester need to pull something out today if they’re to qualify. They’ve been woeful post-restart. I have a funny feeling they might just do it. Everybody else seems to be predicting a Utd win though.

I’m hoping Villa survive – just another thing in the season to annoy binners.

In other news, if Liverpool had just not bothered turning up to all their games post-restart, they’d still be champions today. 😂

[Although I imagine there’s probably some kind of disqualification rule for forfeiting games.]

binners

This is proper squeaky bum time and I have to say I’m not confident we won’t be spending Thursday nights in Kazakstan

binners

Phew! My City mate reckons Evans was a United plant and Caspers dad had had a word 😂

I have to say that it’s sad to see Silva’s last game in the Premiership. One of the greatest of all time and a player you always wished was on your squad

Klunk
    Free Member

interesting first post in this thread!

So I guess it’s started with Chelsea naming Frank Lampard as manager – how long do we think he’ll be in the job?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Just read through the whole thread – it’s actually bloody hilarious…..with the benefit of hindsight.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just read through the whole thread – it’s actually bloody hilarious…..with the benefit of hindsight.

There are some crackers in there. Somebody predicted Citeh finishing first by a bigger margin than last season. 😂

I enjoyed all the pant-wetting about VAR.

binners

I’m quite happy to have confounded my early season pessimism.

You never know, Bravissimo, next year might be ‘our year’*

😂

* it won’t

BigJohn

Villa fan here. We had a houseful of family watching, all villa fans, and it was emotionally draining. What an afternoon!

imnotverygood

Ake to City looks like a good move. Can’t for the life of me understand why Chelsea sold him to Bournemouth in the first place or didn’t try to get him back.

binners

Given the caliber of the players who’ve been let go by Chelski (De Bruyne, Salah), their transfer policy will forever remain a mystery.

Klunk
    Free Member

LMFTFY

Given the caliber of the players who’ve been let go by José Mourinho (De Bruyne, Salah), his transfer policy will forever remain a mystery.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

who disappear the second it goes wrong.

Weirdly, how many Liverpool fans have come out the woodwork in the last few weeks? Theres at least 2 houses near me in Calderdale, that Liverpool supporting hotspot, that have massive flags proclaiming Liverpool as the champions of England etc. An ex work associate I’m friends with on facebook who posts something annual has suddenly discovered how to link Liverpool articles with facebook. I’d actually forgotten he a) existed and b) was a Liverpool fan.

RicB

Looks like the Saudis have pulled out of the Newcastle takeover, citing frustrations over the fit and proper persons test

This would imply the test works!

binners

Given the caliber of the players who’ve been let go by José Mourinho (De Bruyne, Salah), his transfer policy will forever remain a mystery.

You reckon any Chelski manager has ever had any say on transfer policy? Or team selection?

binners

Commiserations to all the Toon fans still saddled with Mike Ashley, the only club owner worse than our lot. I suppose he’ll now indulge in his usual end of season routine of selling all the best players and trousering the cash

binners

Any predictions for this then? FA Cup finals are usually absolutely bloody awful games, but I’m going to watch it anyway because you just do, don’t you?

Hopefully this might be a bit more entertaining than usual with it being essentially a derby

MSP

I am going for chelski, I would prefer the gooners to win for some reason, mainly because I like Arteta as a manager, and Frank has started to rub me up the wrong way. But I suspect that arsenals performance against city in the semi was their seasons best and they won’t be up to that level again.

Surely sideshow bob can’t have more than one defensive masterclass a decade in him (or go more than one game without having a calamity).

binners

I’ve had a punt on Chelski too, for much the same reasons. After a performance like that I’m expecting normal service to be resumed with sideshow bob with a couple of absolute howlers

Great, open game so far. Fantastic finish by PuLicic. He’s quality!

theotherjonv

Pulisic’s finish was good, but that was different class.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

What’s the point of VAR when Kovacic gets booked for that and hence sent off?

theotherjonv

I agree but it’s a technicality I believe – yellow cards are only reviewed for mistaken identity. Straight red cards or not are reviewable. We don’t want even more delays for every yellow card but doesn’t seem right a second yellow can’t be.

I’m however not sure yet that the second yellow was for the tackle or for something said after. It took a while for the card to come out and referees are told to be quick (unless VAR’ed). That said I’d have thought the 4th official would have passed that on.

binners

That was never a booking. There was nowt in it.

But, yes, that Aubameyang finish was class!

Good match for a cup final. Well done Gooners. Amazing what Arteta has managed in such a short time. Bodes well for you.

MSP

Luck was with the gooners today, that’s for sure. Apart from a couple of moments though, a game lacking in much quality.

Cletus

Game ruined by the ref – never a second yellow. Xhaka should be ashamed of his reaction to the tackle.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Good result to keep Franks ego in check! The game just petered out in the second half, Aubameyang aside. Can’t be easy playing without fans in such a massive stadium.

Cletus

“keep Franks ego in check!” – because he dared to challenge the media darlings Liverpool?

Good on him I say – the bias towards them in the media is overwhelming. I know that most journalists just chase the popular clubs but this season really has been something else.

Exhibit A https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-liverpool-in-line-to-receive-special-gold-premier-league-trophy-20200217

The Liverpool infestation in the popular media is overwhelming – the barely concealed hatred of other clubs exhibited by the likes of Carragher and McManaman make mainstream match coverage unwatchable with the volume turned up.

Thank goodness for Martin Samuel – one of the few high profile journalists with objectivity and integrity.

ElShalimo

Lampard does have form for being a big headed git. Being manager has added to his repertoire of smugness

Having said that he’s certainly not as bad as many other managers. They all have a certain something, a touch of arrogance

MSP

Bloody hell, bayern 8 barca 2.

Strange game, first half an hour could have been 4 4, but second half barca were just cones for bayern to run around.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Kind of puts Vidal’s pre match comments that Barca are the best team in the world into perspective.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.