• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • binners

I’m just happy to watch us playing some decent attacking footy after the spirit-crushing tedium of Maureen and LVG.

I think we all know where we are. We’re realists, not getting giddy.

I think Ole is indeed doing a great job. This is a marathon, not a sprint

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

If they sign a decent centre half, maybe two, get rid of de Gea and get a right back who can cross, they’ll not be far off next season. Worrying times.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is a marathon, not a sprint

😂

binners

Can we all agree, at least, that the best thing about the re-start is that Roy Keane has clearly been getting angrier and angrier during lockdown, Storing up all his fury ready to unleash his scathing verbal assaults on an unprepared world.

It’s a joy to watch 😃

ElShalimo

Everton were very poor earlier against Wolves. They just looked disinterested.

binners

I didn’t see the match, but thought it would be an easy Wolves win

Watching Arsenals comedy defending just now was quite amusing though. Proper Sunday League stuff. An absolute shambles!

Kolasinac basically played the the perfect pass for Son to tuck it away. And David Luiz surely has to be the player who’s ridiculous transfer fees are most inexplicable. He’s absolutely hopeless!

mehr
    Free Member

City’s ban has been lifted. £10m million fine only

Absolute joke

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The whole thing, FFP, right and proper person nonsense is box ticking shite, football is ALL about money now, nothing else.

MSP

Yep the ban was a joke, the FFP rules were always about protecting the established hierarchy, disguised as establishing a level playing field.

The application of the rules have been uneven and underhand, with “european royalty” Munich, Madrid, Barca, United, Liverpool and Juventus having far too much influence not just in the creation of the rules but in pressurising uefa into who they have been applied against.

PrinceJohn

Yep the ban was a joke, the FFP rules were always about protecting the established hierarchy, disguised as establishing a level playing field.

The application of the rules have been uneven and underhand, with “european royalty” Munich, Madrid, Barca, United, Liverpool and Juventus having far too much influence not just in the creation of the rules but in pressurising uefa into who they have been applied against.

This x 1,000,000 – while there needs to be limits on spending as soon as it’s against income it skews the playing field in the favour of the big established clubs. Trying to keep the new teams from the top table.

MSP

Makes it interesting for 3rd to 5th, with a few matches between the contenders and Chelsea to play Liverpool, with having to fight for position and Liverpool levels dropping a few percent, the points record is in the balance as well.

joefm

PrinceJohn
    Subscriber

This x 1,000,000 – while there needs to be limits on spending as soon as it’s against income it skews the playing field in the favour of the big established clubs. Trying to keep the new teams from the top table.

Completely agree. If your club was brought by wealthy owners who invest in the area, academy and do everything right you’d be pretty happy. To me FFP is just a way to protect the existing hegemony rather than costs.

Cost caps do have a place but FFP is a joke.

Cletus

Delighted with the verdict. I think pretty much any club could have been targeted by UEFA in the way that City were. There is no question with me that there is too much money in football but it has to be run on an even footing for all clubs and not for the benefit of cartel clubs which was the whole basis of “Financial Fair Play”.

Juventus’s Andrea Agnelli has been demanding guaranteed entry to the Champions League for certain “big” clubs which would make a mockery of the competition.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/european-super-league-champions-juventus-andrea-agnelli-roma-a9377766.html

City’s owners have been great for the club and Manchester in general. Contrast with United’s.

beagle
    Free Member

You’ll probably find the Glazers have a better human rights record though. Just a thought.

binners

Anyway… back to the footy

With Chelski and Leicester both getting thumped at the weekend, it’s our chance to capitalise and go third.

So, expect our form to collapse, at least one De Gea howler, Pogba to go AWOL (again) and a Danny Ings hat trick to end our unbeaten run.

Klunk
    Free Member

lovely one from squires on Jack Charlton

joefm

dang. that last square is sad

johndoh
    Free Member

that last square is sad

Just a bit – lump in my throat seeing that. I grew up adoring that Leeds team – when sniffer goes I will be especially sad as he was my hero and I have very fond memories of talking about him (and Leeds’ exploits in general) with my late grandad when I was a little boy.

Come on Leeds, let’s do it this year. MOT ALAW

johndrummer
    Free Member

Done it!
    MOT

chestrockwell

Lovely tribute above, RIP Norman, Trevor and Jack.

Well we’ve ****ing done it, done it for the lost, done it for the cold Tuesday night watching Leyton Orient, done it for the lad crying when we went down, and done it for many more!!

MOT, ALAW, WGUAFC!!!

binners

If I’m not mistaken, I’ve just watched a really solid Arsenal defensive performance. it’s a good while since we’ve seen one of those

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jurgen was all about building their confidence earlier in the week. He’s such an amazing manager, he can give other teams self-belief as well. 😂

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Is De Gea still one of the best keepers in the world????

MSP

He’s not even the best keeper on united books. If I was Henderson, I would want some promises now about at least being able to fight for the no 1 goalkeeper spot on performance, otherwise I would be off.

As a Sheffield United supporter, I wish De Gea would sort his bloody act out 😭😂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well after the anti-climactic post lockdown dip in form for the champions, this weekend has provided a bit of mirth. 😁

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

De Gea is doing a Joe Hart!

binners

That was a proper Sunday league performance from De Gea. I reckon I could have saved that second one.

I love him, and he’s been bloody brilliant for seasons, but it’s just been one howler after another the last few games.

He’s like a shit(er) Jordan Pickford

RicB

DDG’s decline is bizarre. For a few years he was by far the best keeper in the league and one of the best in the world. I’ve heard comments saying he’s only good as a shot stopper but his %pass completion is actually pretty good.

He never seemed quite the same after coming back from the World Cup in Russia. I wonder if Xenia Onatopp honey-trapped him….

Not sure if I can see DDG ever getting back to his previous level, which is sad as he’s only 28.

For all his promise I don’t think Henderson is quite ready for that level yet, certainly not CL. But I hope Ole is thinking of a way to introduce him to the 1st team for next year.

Still, well done to Chelsea, who were much the better team last night. Albeit with two extra days to prepare, which might explain why they seemed to have more energy.

ElShalimo

Watford sacking Pearson is very strange. He’s almost saved  them from what appeared to be certain relegation

However he does come across as a bit of a knob. There’s probably something going on behind the scenes there.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

What are you, an Ostrich?! Sacking is what Watford do.

MoreCashThanDash

There’s probably something going on behind the scenes there.

There’s unsubstantiated gossip that he came to blows with someone.

binners

The form De Gea’s been on, we should play Pogba in goal. That was a cracking reaction save from him

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

All kinds of fun going on in the championship. Would love to see Brentford make it up, but right now, not looking likely.

PSA for binners and others: Liverpool v Chelsea is free to air this evening and I know lots of you will be wanting to see Henderson lifting the trophy. So the opportunity is there to watch. 😀

grum
    Free Member

Bloody hell Liverpool!

grum
    Free Member

There’s unsubstantiated gossip that he came to blows with someone.

He’s a great British fighter.

binners

I know lots of you will be wanting to see Henderson lifting the trophy

I didn’t watch it, obviously (I have a low tolerance to Hopelessly indulgent, backward-gazing self-mythologising), but am I right in thinking that Jordan Henderson went full John Terry? Full Team Kit ****er! Oh dear. How embarrassing. Self-awareness has never been your strong point though, to be fair 😂

Seriously though, I’m made up for you. See you for your next one in 2050

#20times

weeksy

See you for your next one in 2050

You think?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You think?

You only have to go back through the early pages of the thread to test binners’ powers of prediction. [Hint: not great to be honest…] 😀

ElShalimo

@binners – I don’t think he went full John Odious-Shit Terry. He is their captain and played most of the games. Terry’s “magic moments” we’re when he was banned or missed the final as he was pleasuring himself in a local park (or something like that).

You’re just bitter ‘cos Ferguson said he was rubbish and not Premier League quality or some other  nonsense. You’ve also got to reconcile why Utd paid £100M for their new keeper

🤪

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.