• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another mid-table side taken care of.

binners

We lost against the best side in the league, but to be honest I just wish we could play like that every week. 2-0 definitely flattered you.

I think that’s the title done and dusted.

Christ, they’re going to be absolutely unbearable

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

2-0 definitely flattered you.

LOLz.

weeksy

Good game of though either way.

Where/who/when are ‘they’ going to be unbearable? Did you not celebrate your titles?

2020-01-19_06-55-29

senorj

Watched it in the pub with couple of Real mancs. It was ace. 😉
    Good game imo and nervy at the end.

binners

Went through the bizarre experience of having the city fans in the pub all supporting united

Surreal

slackalice
    Free Member

Not only an extremely pleasing result but when glancing at the Premier table, it’s not difficult to notice that Man U have played 23 with a tally of 34 points. Liverpool have a game in hand, having played 22 games and amassed a points total of 64.

IF they win their game in hand, they will have near as dammit double the points of ManYooooo….

Happy days.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m pleased in a way that United didn’t get the mauling they deserved. They’ve stepped up and performed well in the second of their only two big games of the season and that’ll be enough to keep Ole in place for a while. A hammering today may well have seen the board give him their full confidence while trying to recruit Poch.

scandal42
    Free Member

This weekend has confirmed my thoughts that this is the worst Premier League season in terms of quality.

The traditional ‘Big sides’ are absolute turd, much worse than when Leicester won the league.

weeksy

The traditional ‘Big sides’ are absolute turd, much worse than when Leicester won the league.

Not all of them 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This weekend has confirmed my thoughts that this is the worst Premier League season in terms of quality.

EPL Table 2015/16 after Matchday 23 (said with an American accent there…)
    [url=https://celebsroll.com/kim-fields-bio]kim fields net worth[/url]

EPL Table as of today:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😂

zippykona

How low down the league would you have to go to find a team that West Ham could definitely beat?

hodgynd
    Free Member

As a toon fan ..I’ve a real soft spot for Liverpool..never in a million years will we have the same kind of success as that club ..but we have shared some decent players over the years ..Keegan / Beardsley / Kennedy / Terry Mac / Barnes …
    and even took part in one of the greatest games the PL has ever seen ..4-3 ( twice )..
    I’m pleased they are going to win the league at a canter ..
    Game of the week though our boys getting a point at that other Merseyside club ..2-0 in the 94th minute and 2-2 in the 95th ..fantastico!!

senorj

You want to be careful hogynd, steve bruce may be wanted by the Red Devils soon.
    😣

hodgynd
    Free Member

The man is doing ok SenorJ..
    I was as upset as anyone else when Benitez left ..but was prepared to give Brucie a chance ..and slowly but surely he is winning the fans over ..they were even chanting his name in the FA cup replay against Rochdale ..

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

He’s doing well with a limited squad. Definitely transferable skills to Old Trafford.

senorj

😬

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Good news then!

Why on earth haven’t they signed Bruno Fernandes yet? They paid £50m off for Fred! Clearly needed and looks decent.

weeksy

Boom! Get in Bobby!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice one Tranmere. That’ll be a nice away day for whoever’s playing them at the weekend in the cup…

PrinceJohn

It’s really becoming something when you look at the football scores & see Wolves have got an equaliser & get excited because they might be only the second team to take points off them this season.

Surely this current team is the best Liverpool team ever?

weeksy

Well based upon 91 out of 93 possible points, i’m not even thinking they only the best Liverpool team ever !

However, we’ll really need to see next year for that. I think at times Liverpool have been in the Goldilocks zone of football, it’s just worked, game in game out, time and time again. I don’t think it will quite work out so perfectly each and every game every week forever.
    But, i’m still optimistic.

senorj

Wolves were very good last night ,deserved at least a point.
    Good practice for the next round of champions league imo.

weeksy

Wolves did indeed deserve a point, as have a few others this year, in many other seasons Liverpool would have 10-15 points less, as a particular shot didn’t quite work out that time. But this year, it’s different, it’s just all working out nicely.

Cletus

But Liverpool will not be a great team until they retain the Premier league.
    It is not great for the league to have one team running away with it.
    Teams should kick Liverpool to stop them.

Waiting for the media to start saying the above about Liverpool – it’s exactly what they said about City two years ago. The last gem came from Danny Murphy – wonder if he will be repeating this about his former club?

I can however acknowledge that Liverpool have been amazing this season and will probably break many of the records that City set. I am sure that their fans will be modest and gracious in victory 😉

weeksy

I’m trying to be….But… Why should they ? Were Citys fans that ? Were Utds ? So why should Liverpools be ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can however acknowledge that Liverpool have been amazing this season

That’s really big of you.

Cletus

Typical Liverpool fan – offended by everything – even a compliment to their team 😉

weeksy

That’s GOT to be it then ? 19 points clear ? 97 points out of the last 99 available ? Sheesh.

martinhutch

Doubly post

martinhutch

I’m trying to be….But… Why should they ? Were Citys fans that ? Were Utds ? So why should Liverpools be ?

Have a look back at the run-in on this thread last year. There was no gloating from the City fans on here (that I could see) – most of the long-termers can still remember playing in Division 2 so our present circumstances are very much a bonus to be savoured. Loads of posts congratulating Liverpool on their CL performances, urging them on.

Obviously, Man Utd are fair game for a bit of a gloat, though. 🙂 Apart from when they keep beating us at the Etihad.

PrinceJohn

That’s GOT to be it then ? 19 points clear ? 97 points out of the last 99 available ? Sheesh.

Once they wrap it up, will they relax & blow their records?

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m more annoyed that I am still to get to use the newspaper headline I thought of on the day Klopp was announced manager

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There was no gloating from the City fans on here (that I could see)

(One of) The mostest posting City fan here is forever having sly little digs at Liverpool…though very quiet this season for some reason or another. I know City fans are desperate for a rivalry, bless ‘em. Anyway, it’s football – it’s all about the pantomime, the hubris in smithereens, seeing everything binners says be proved wrong by events a few days later, etc etc.

How are Leeds fans feeling? Any baggies? I was listening on the radio the other night as they and WBA conspired to throw away their lead at the top, with Leeds crazily turning it around in the second half. While enjoying Liverpool’s dominance, the Championship is far more interesting for table-watching. Such a mad division. 😀

binners

seeing everything binners says be proved wrong by events a few days later, etc etc.

OI! I pride myself on my reverse-Mystic Meg abilities. If you had any nouse you’d open a betting account and put money on the opposite of what I predict.

Thats what my darling wife does, Bravissimo. I predicted we’d get tonked last night. She stuck a fiver on us winning. She cashed out half way through the second half, quids in. She also stuck a tenner on us losing at home to Burnley last week, at 8/1 when I was holding out the vain hope we might actually get something out of that.

Man Yoo are proving very lucrative for her with our dismally inconsistent performances

senorj

What do you lot think about lfc playing the kids in the Fa cup replay?
    I totally get the managers point, but he could have played some of the blokes who aren’t regular first team again.
    Not that it did him any good in the first tie. Ha.

MSP

The past couple of years, Klop has clearly prioritized the champions league and premier league over the league and fa cups. And it has worked, CL last year, PL this and still will be one of the favorites for the CL, could still probably go through to the next round of the FA as well although I think as it progresses he still won’t play anywhere near his strongest team and won’t make the final.

The one thing that has surprised me is that he won’t manage or even go to the game, that is a bit off IMO, would be a great buzz for the kids that play to be managed by him for the night, really give them something to play for hoping to catch his eye. I wonder if it is something he said in the moment that he now regrets, just seems so contrary to his usual man management style.

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate what little old Sheffield United are doing this season?

Favourites for relegation at the start of the season, told our style of football wouldn’t work, players that were playing in League 1, 3 seasons ago, written off by virtually everyone.

Almost safe by February, above Man U, Spurs and Arsenal in 5th, currently on for European football and all the pundits now noticing us.

Up The Blades

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.